• 183(current)
YouTube Plug-in Thread
(2020-06-22, 21:28)anxdpanic Wrote: @AndrewJC 
It appears to be caused by 2 busy dialogs occurring (known issue in Kodi 18-19), disable Settings - General - Refresh after watching if it's enabled.
Not much else I can do to resolve it currently, sorry.

Unfortunately, yesterday I disabled Refresh after watching but the app still crashed on me. Sad
Greetings. I just upgraded to a raspberry pi 4. I was able to transfer everything except the watched flags. None of my videos are marked as watched. How can I transfer the watched flags from one device to another?
So I had trouble with one Kodi from authorizing my login to the addon, kept saying "Client ID incorrect". I checked the ID / API and secret were all right and they were.

It was one of the two following things:

Google API project Credentials - Oauth Client ID - application type: TV and limited input devices
Or: going to www.youtube.com/activate instead of google.com/activate

This got me the two authorisation code screens and it logged in just fine.
Hi
I have done as in the video, and the text here https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...l-API-Keys
Tried all the examples 
But I just get the first activation, with an error code. Exeption 401 or something like that. Tried many times, still no luck.

I sill say this is running on nVidia Shield TV (Android)
Here is my log: https://paste.kodi.tv/hijeviqaqi.kodi

I can't manage to get this working. :-(
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
hi,
google changed something or i have some problems ?
I follow the api creation tutorial and i'm getting error on page "OAuth consent screen" - (The request failed because changes to one of the field of the resource is not supported.)
Can some one confirm that today is possible to create api key.
(2020-07-08, 01:57)rahtava Wrote: hi,
google changed something or i have some problems ?
I follow the api creation tutorial and i'm getting error on page "OAuth consent screen" - (The request failed because changes to one of the field of the resource is not supported.)
Can some one confirm that today is possible to create api key.
Just wanted to say me too. I'm getting that same error on the OAuth consent screen.
(2020-07-02, 16:48)anxdpanic Wrote: For those having issues with API creation, I've updated the wiki and replaced the images with a video of the complete process (6 minutes).

edit: NOTE: youtube.com/activate and google.com/device go to the same place
Follow these instructions exactly I was also getting errors till I followed it word for word. I was probably skipping a step because I thought I knew what I was doing.
(2020-07-08, 17:07)DNKK Wrote:
(2020-07-02, 16:48)anxdpanic Wrote:  
Follow these instructions exactly I was also getting errors till I followed it word for word. I was probably skipping a step because I thought I knew what I was doing.

This is just few steps to error page so please, check it today. 
I know one thing for sure, i follow exactly the tutorial and error is not on my "copy steps side".
ok so i tried today too, i left "OAuth consent screen" web page open after seeing error again.  And i come back to that window 2 hours later i clicked save again, error again and then imediatelly i clicked again and miracle happened.... boom created... THANK YOU FCK GOOGLE
(2020-06-30, 01:14)Bobby Blixberg Wrote:
(2020-06-29, 20:01)DrkRaven Wrote:
(2017-12-21, 22:01)jdf76 Wrote:  
"The request failed because one of the field of the resource is invalid."

I'm having the same issue here.
(2020-07-08, 17:07)DNKK Wrote:
(2020-07-02, 16:48)anxdpanic Wrote: For those having issues with API creation, I've updated the wiki and replaced the images with a video of the complete process (6 minutes).

edit: NOTE: youtube.com/activate and google.com/device go to the same place

It is likely that youtube has made some changes because I followed the video step by step and I get the error in OAuth client ID.

"The request failed because one of the field of the resource is invalid."

-------------------------------- Edited ----------------------------------------
I tried again, in exactly the same way, and it worked!
I get Key and OAuth but sill can't get the two verification's after each other.
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
I've noticed that Youtube Music Playlists appear in this addon under Playlists - but they don't appear on the Youtube App on my phone. Is this a deliberate attempt at this addon to read all playlists not just video?

This is a good thing in my eyes, however I've also found that any songs uploaded to Youtube Music (or migrated from Google Play Music) won't play. I believe the Youtube API must not have access to them (it says they're private content or similar), and they need to be accessed by a Youtube Music API direct perhaps?
I've searched through the thread and found no solution or even mention of the following issue:

The add-on doesn't seem to buffer. I mean this in the sense of pre-load, not hangs/re-sync.
I have set buffermode in Kodi advancedsettings.xml to "1" (buffer all filesystems, including local). Pre-loading the buffer would be indicated by the play marker, especially when paused, turning grey ahead the current time. But it doesn't.
This happens not matter if quality is set to adaptive or fixed. Is there anything that can be done?
(2020-07-06, 05:48)leopheard Wrote: So I had trouble with one Kodi from authorizing my login to the addon, kept saying "Client ID incorrect". I checked the ID / API and secret were all right and they were.

It was one of the two following things:

Google API project Credentials - Oauth Client ID - application type: TV and limited input devices
Or: going to www.youtube.com/activate instead of google.com/activate

This got me the two authorisation code screens and it logged in just fine.

Thanks for this ! 
My previously working Oauth application type was "other".
Once I created a NEW one with "TV and limited input devices"  I was able to authorize via www.youtube.com/activate
  • 183(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread18