• 187(current)
YouTube Plug-in Thread
I just received the following email from YouTube about API Services:

Hi YouTube Developer,

We would like to inform you of changes to the YouTube API Services that will take effect September 9, 2020.

We will be deprecating the following features on the YouTube API Services:
GuideCategories list method.
V3ChannelService.List categoryId filter.
V3ChannelService.List mySubscribers filter.
V3ChannelService.List ManagedByMe filter’s prevPageToken (nextPageToken will still be available).
V3ChannelService.List statistics part’s commentCount field.
V3ChannelService BrandingSetting part’s imageSettings and hints fields.
PlaylistItemService.Insert for WatchLater type playlists.

We’ll be updating the YouTube API Service reference documentation soon (including the Revision History) to outline the changes in detail and help you stay updated.

Thanks,
YouTube API Services Team
How can I get subtitles to work in this Add-on? I went into the settings and turned them on and set the language. I will occasionally get subtitles on a video but not often.
One channel I am subscribed to and have checked to make sure has subtitles/cc on all their videos but none that I have played with this Add-on have showed subs.
So I am wondering is there a setting or something somewhere I am missing?

Thank you
I also got the message about the APIs that will be removed ...

I thinks @anxdpanic can you tell us if and which of these bees we are using whit current addons and whether it is serious or not ....
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
Hi All, 
today morning, i got youtube addon error No Stream found, uninstalled, re-installed, added api, but it is stuck in same error. unable to play videos.
How do I marked played a livestream youtube video? Nothing I do will show it marked in any skin.
(2017-12-21, 23:28)jmh2002 Wrote: ImageIve been getting this and I dont know what to do please help
This mat be a dumb question, but I'll ask it anyway. Is there a version of the YouTube add-on that will still work with Kodi Helix? I still use Helix on my basement box and was just curious.

Kind regards,

Shedrock
@farrukh 
Need a complete debug log (wiki)

@JohnnyBluRay
Not possible

@ianhandsup
Change Settings - HTTP Server - Port , be sure to click Ok. Then restart Kodi

@shedrock 
Only available for Isengard and later
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
(2020-08-19, 00:54)anxdpanic Wrote: @shedrock 
Only available for Isengard and later
Thank you for the info. Much appreciated.

Regards,

Shedrock
@anxdpanic https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...issues/858 Will there be a solution to this problem?
@Vuzzy
I replied in the GitHub issue
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
https://paste.kodi.tv/akunajexut.kodi

Hello,
can someone please take a look at my log.
About ca. every third video is acknowledged by the addon with an error.
I checked the api, logged in from time to time and finally installed the latest Youtube Addon beta.
I also made a downgrade to CoreELEC 9.2.3. All without success.
Is there anything else I can do, or is it Youtube itself? 

Thanks
(2020-08-19, 00:54)anxdpanic Wrote: @farrukh 
Need a complete debug log (wiki)

got issue resolved, had to disable this, don't know how got enabled

Settings -> Advanced -> Support alternative player
 and 
Settings -> Advanced -> Use YouTube website urls
Hi,
Can someone tell me with version of Youtube addon have the option to add an self made API key ?
If I try to add such a key, there is no option for it in my configuration area of the Youtube addon.

Thanks in advance for the input.
@Gijsje117 your thread (the post above) has been merged into the YouTube addon support thread (this current one you're reading).

The current version certainly has that option, and it's been a feature for a long while. Which version are you running?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
  • 187(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread18