Concept NEREUS Skin for Kodi
Dear all,

I'm developer of MediaPortal 2, but due to changed hardware, I'm lately dependend on Android instead of Windows.
I did all the skins of MediaPortal 2 and I am currently just before finishing my new skin NEREUS. You can find first screenshots etc. here:
NEREUS skin for MediaPortal 2

I'd like to port this skin to Kodi, because the default Esturay skin is far away from an eye candy and not my taste.
My problems are, that my time is limited and I already had throuble with some inital dumym changes to Home.xml. Whatever I change, Kodi is not reflecting it on a new start. So possibly I do a basic mistake that prevents me to go deeper already.

Is there anybody with some skinning experience in Kodi and willingness to support me?
MediaPortal 2 is based on XAML, which is more complex. I've basically no experience with XML yet.
I could adapt the home Menu und some minor things already. So far I can get along well as documentation is really good and self-explaining.
Could somebody help me with one thing please. The slide-back animation of the home menu, when loosing focus is disrupted and I can not find the reason.
I'd like to attach my files, but there is no open for this !? Adding hundred of code lines is a bit meaningless and testing with all the textures won't be possible for anybody.
Nobody?
I added the code to an own repository here.
It would be no meaning to add code pieces here, as I only know where the problem is not.
This animation is not showing (I can also delete the effect and result is same).

Edit: I got the answer already in another forum
I picked your skin up on github and spent yesterday adapting it to my own taste , I like it  so thank you for doing it, I'm only a layman so I cant help with your issue sadly. Hope some one does.
(2020-04-14, 11:49)ontap Wrote: I picked your skin up on github and spent yesterday adapting it to my own taste , I like it  so thank you for doing it, I'm only a layman so I cant help with your issue sadly. Hope some one does.
Thanks for the feedback. But please be aware, I just started with the skin and it's work in progress Blush
There will be many changes coming, so you might have to redo your own mods, if you want to use a newer version Wink
Where can I find the top and bottom back gradient in Estuary skin in home screen in the code? It's obviosly not related to the background as Widget content is a layer below. But I can not find anything in home.xml and include_home.xml
(2020-04-14, 14:30)ge2301 Wrote: Where can I find the top and bottom back gradient in Estuary skin in home screen in the code? It's obviosly not related to the background as Widget content is a layer below. But I can not find anything in home.xml and include_home.xml
if you mean the shadow at top of home screen ,  line 776 in includes.xml  and 1086
But I can not find anything in home.xml and include_home.xml
there are other xml files like 
Custom_1109_TopBarOverlay.xml
View_54_InfoWall.xml
Includes.xml

some skinning info https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=350044
I could find it meanwhile and modified to my needs. It was the primary.jpg, which is used as overlay for the complete screen. It has basically a circular overlay, which looks in reality almost straight in top and bottom. Thats why I didn't expect it's this file Blush
I pushed several more changes and started to exchange buttons with glow effect on focus.
(2020-04-15, 09:45)ge2301 Wrote: I could find it meanwhile and modified to my needs. It was the primary.jpg, which is used as overlay for the complete screen. It has basically a circular overlay, which looks in reality almost straight in top and bottom. Thats why I didn't expect it's this file Blush
I pushed several more changes and started to exchange buttons with glow effect on focus.

yes I added the glow effect buttons , they look good , am just adding your changes individually as you make them so I don't lose my own changes.
(2020-04-15, 03:00)the_other_guy Wrote: But I can not find anything in home.xml and include_home.xml
View_54_InfoWall.xml
Includes.xml

Thanks a lot, interesting thread. I can somehow not manage to get Clearart to work. I have them in each movie folder as clearart.png and added following code pieces.
I updated the library to scrap the infos. What am I doing wrong?

variables.xml
xml:
  <variable name="ClearartVar">
    <value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(clearart))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(clearart)]</value>
    <value>$INFO[ListItem.Art(clearart)]</value>
  </variable>

MyVideoNav.xml
xml:

[...]
          <control type="image">
            <left>120</left>
            <top>0</top>
            <width>400</width>
            <height>155</height>
            <texture>$VAR[ClearartVar]</texture>
            <aspectratio aligny="center">scale</aspectratio>
          </control>   
[...]
(2020-04-22, 21:48)ge2301 Wrote:
(2020-04-15, 03:00)the_other_guy Wrote: But I can not find anything in home.xml and include_home.xml
View_54_InfoWall.xml
Includes.xml

Thanks a lot, interesting thread. I can somehow not manage to get Clearart to work. I have them in each movie folder as clearart.png and added following code pieces.
I updated the library to scrap the infos. What am I doing wrong?

variables.xml
xml:
  <variable name="ClearartVar">
    <value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(clearart))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(clearart)]</value>
    <value>$INFO[ListItem.Art(clearart)]</value>
  </variable>

MyVideoNav.xml
xml:
[...]
          <control type="image">
            <left>120</left>
            <top>0</top>
            <width>400</width>
            <height>155</height>
            <texture>$VAR[ClearartVar]</texture>
          </control>   
[...]

@ge2301 , both of those code snippets look all right to me.  I have found the webinteface.devhelper from @rmrector very useful for skinning.  You can find it here: https://github.com/rmrector/webinterface.devhelper

With that, you will be able to see in realtime what is the value of the clearart for the item, so you can ascertain if you have indeed scraped it correctly.

Regards,

Bart
Why do you use a variable instead of just this?

Quote:MyVideoNav.xml
xml:
[...]
          <control type="image">
            <left>120</left>
            <top>0</top>
            <width>400</width>
            <height>155</height>
<visible>!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(clearart))</visible>
            <texture>$INFO[ListItem.Art(clearart)]</texture>
          </control>   
[...]
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2020-04-24, 21:55)manfeed Wrote: Why do you use a variable instead of just this?

Quote:MyVideoNav.xml
xml:
[...]
          <control type="image">
            <left>120</left>
            <top>0</top>
            <width>400</width>
            <height>155</height>
<visible>!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(clearart))</visible>
            <texture>$INFO[ListItem.Art(clearart)]</texture>
          </control>   
[...]

Because the other Fanarts for banners etc. was defined in the same way. I tried it also as you described, it makes no difference here. I can not see clearart at all.
Kodi seems a bit complecated here. MediaPortal 2 has all Fanarts automatically in the database and no further tweaks are necessary.
Where are the Fanarts cached? I would like to take a look into the cache, if any Cleararts are existing. If not, the problems starts with scrapping already.
I'd like to implement as for the original skin in MP2 also mixed tile patterns. In MP2 a model was written for this.
Is there any change to get mixed tile pattern for Kodi? With mixed I mean different poster sizes as in the screenshot of Nereus in MP2:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NEREUS Skin for Kodi0