XBOX ERROR: Unable to open database:
I recently did a clean install of Ubuntu 20.04 Beta on my server. After installing MySQL-Server-8.0 I am not able to access the database from my XBOX ONE. I am running 18.6 and I did not make any changes to this on the XBOX. Below is what is showing in the log with debugging enabled. I am able to connect to the database from my Windows PC using HeidiDQL and create databases and open them without any problems using the same username and password that I have configured for KODI on the XBOX ONE. Is there something new in mysql 8.0 that is preventing the XBOX from creating or opening a database?
Quote:2020-04-09 10:14:11.949 T:4788   ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic72 [0]()
2020-04-09 10:14:14.451 T:4788   ERROR: Unable to create new database
2020-04-09 10:14:14.510 T:4788   ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos116 [0]()
2020-04-09 10:14:17.073 T:4788   ERROR: Unable to create new database
(2020-04-09, 16:29)Phantisy Wrote: Below is what is showing in the log with debugging enabled.

I think one single line from the log file would have sufficed already. Wink

(2020-04-09, 16:29)Phantisy Wrote: Is there something new in mysql 8.0 that is preventing the XBOX from creating or opening a database?
MySQL 8.0 does seem to do a few things different. I haven't been able to put my finger on it entirely. Error '0' is also quite vague.
But if the Kodi client on the Windows PC works with it, that's odd.

Provide the FULL kodi.log file via pastebin for other possible clues.

Or perhaps the simplest way of solving the problem for now is to install MySQL 5.7 or MariaDB 10.4.
(2020-04-09, 17:21)Klojum Wrote: Provide the FULL kodi.log file via pastebin for other possible clues. 

https://paste.kodi.tv/okozevoqip
I will look into maybe another version of MySQL as well.
@Phantisy - before going any further, also read the forum rules (wiki) that you accepted and agreed to abide by when you signed up here, and get rid of all the banned addon (wiki) crap in your device that violates our piracy policy (wiki). We offer no support whilst such junk is installed.

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hmm... You seem to have a couple of references to banned add-ons in your log file.
Remove the orange-colored entries, and support will be resumed.
(2020-04-09, 20:00)Klojum Wrote: Hmm... You seem to have a couple of references to banned add-ons in your log file.
Remove the orange-colored entries, and support will be resumed.

They have been removed. https://paste.kodi.tv/elolirabec
Doesn't even look like it's connecting to anything.  Are you sure the IP address for MySQL is correct ?  Your advancedsettings.xml says 192.168.2.145 and I'm a little suspicious of the 2 in there.
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ERROR: Unable to open database:0