Solved shape of discart
Hi, I wonder if possible the local discart like below picture, its middle part won't be digged out in the kodi music library. Thanks in advance for every reply.
@leoliu

I am not really sure what you are asking. Do you want Kodi to add the centre hole?

There are tutorials on fanart.tv that explain how to create discart... https://fanart.tv/type/cdart-2/
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-04-09, 22:36)Karellen Wrote: @leoliu

I am not really sure what you are asking. Do you want Kodi to add the centre hole?

There are tutorials on fanart.tv that explain how to create discart... https://fanart.tv/type/cdart-2/
Sorry for misunderstanding.

Actually, I don't want kodi to add the centre hole. As displayed in the picture, I didn't dig the centre hole out. But in the kodi music library, it is automatically digged out to display. 

Btw, the website you provided is very good and I really appreciate it. Thank you very much.
(2020-04-10, 11:04)leoliu Wrote: I didn't dig the centre hole out. But in the kodi music library, it is automatically digged out to display. 
Really. I did not know that Kodi placed a centre hole in the disc. Seems strange as the disc already comes with a hole. Maybe @ronie knows why

(2020-04-10, 11:04)leoliu Wrote: Btw, the website you provided is very good and I really appreciate it. Thank you very much.
You are welcome. That is the site where most of the artwork for Movies, TV Shows and Music comes from for Kodi.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-04-10, 11:07)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-04-10, 11:04)leoliu Wrote: I didn't dig the centre hole out. But in the kodi music library, it is automatically digged out to display. 
Really. I did not know that Kodi placed a centre hole in the disc. Seems strange as the disc already comes with a hole. Maybe @ronie knows why

that's a thing skins can do. they can apply a 'mask' on top of the discart image to make the center hole transparent.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2020-04-10, 11:39)ronie Wrote:
(2020-04-10, 11:07)Karellen Wrote:

that's a thing skins can do. they can apply a 'mask' on top of the discart image to make the center hole transparent. 
Thanks for your clarification.

I will go to the skin support forum to ask for further help.
(2020-04-10, 11:39)ronie Wrote: that's a thing skins can do. they can apply a 'mask' on top of the discart image to make the center hole transparent. 
something like:
<texture diffuse="cdart_diffuse.png" ... does the job nicely Smile

scott s.
(2020-04-11, 00:17)scott967 Wrote:
(2020-04-10, 11:39)ronie Wrote: that's a thing skins can do. they can apply a 'mask' on top of the discart image to make the center hole transparent. 
something like:

scott s.
Hi Scott, did you mean that changing the code could solve the issue? If yes, could you please help specify it? Thanks in advance for your help. I'm actually very worried about it.
(2020-04-11, 22:54)leoliu Wrote:
(2020-04-11, 00:17)scott967 Wrote:
something like:

scott s.
Hi Scott, did you mean that changing the code could solve the issue? If yes, could you please help specify it? Thanks in advance for your help. I'm actually very worried about it. 
That is an example of how a skin can "mask out" areas of a texture by specifying a "diffuse" texture which in turn has its transparency tweaked.  The problem you have is identifying the exact image control that the skin is using to display the discart.  I would probably use something like notepad++ where you can search for "discart" across all the xml files in the skin, to see where that art is being used.  From those results look for the xml file that corresponds to the window you are concerned with.  It will take some effort.  If you tell me what skin is involved, I can probably save you some time.

scott s.
(2020-04-12, 01:54)scott967 Wrote:   If you tell me what skin is involved, I can probably save you some time.
Member has posted here also... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=353347
My Signature
(2020-04-12, 01:54)scott967 Wrote:
(2020-04-11, 22:54)leoliu Wrote:
(2020-04-11, 00:17)scott967 Wrote: something like:

scott s.
That is an example of how a skin can "mask out" areas of a texture by specifying a "diffuse" texture which in turn has its transparency tweaked.  The problem you have is identifying the exact image control that the skin is using to display the discart.  I would probably use something like notepad++ where you can search for "discart" across all the xml files in the skin, to see where that art is being used.  From those results look for the xml file that corresponds to the window you are concerned with.  It will take some effort.  If you tell me what skin is involved, I can probably save you some time.

scott s.
Thanks a million. I really appreciate it. It really works. 👍
(2020-04-12, 02:02)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-04-12, 01:54)scott967 Wrote:   If you tell me what skin is involved, I can probably save you some time.
Thanks for your help too. Scott's reply has helped me solve the issue. 👍
Thread marked solved.
My Signature

OK.  MQ8 shows discart in a couple different places.  Is this what you are looking for?

scott s.
(2020-04-12, 21:59)scott967 Wrote:

OK.  MQ8 shows discart in a couple different places.  Is this what you are looking for?

ImageImage

scott s.
Hi Scott, thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

I have found the cdart-diffuse.png of aeon mq8 skin and edit it, it solve the issue successfully.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
shape of discart0