• 190(current)
Release "iPlayer WWW" add-on
(2024-03-31, 18:55)Spellbounder Wrote:
(2024-03-30, 17:19)CaptainT Wrote:
(2024-03-29, 02:26)Spellbounder Wrote: I've just installed this add-on and have an issue with live radio.

Every station I try I just get 10 seconds before the audio cuts off, the counter reads 05:59:47 - 06:00:00

I'm in the UK & have put my bbc.co.uk login details in.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Which version of Kodi and Inputstream Adaptive are you running?

If you are on Kodi 21, please make sure Inputstream Adaptive is at least version 21.4.4 as per @otinley 's message.

I'm using a Raspberry Pi 4

Kodi: 21.0-RC2 (20.90.910) Git:21.Orc-Omega
InputStream Adaptive: 21.4.3.1

I see I don't meet the minimum version for InputStream Adaptive, where can I get the minimum version for the Pi as updating via the add-on menu shows my version as the latest version available.
It's in the Kodi 21 repo
I've searched the repo but only see the same version I have.

I've tried updating but no joy.

Under repositories I have Team Kodi 3.4.0 and LibrELEC 11.80.6

I know I can manually add a repo but don't know the URL for one that has the latest version of InputStream Adaptive.

By the way  thank you to anyone that is trying to help me resolve this issue, your patience is much appreciated.
With Libreelec on a RPI, inputstream.adaptive is pre-compiled by them as a binary addon and can only be updated using the addon control panel within Kodi.
I use the nightly builds from the development channel at: https://test.libreelec.tv/12.0/RPi/RPi4/
This changelog entry shows the updated addon was included in the build from 30th March:   2024-03-30 (3c02d1b):#8777inputstream.adaptive: update 21.4.3-Omega to 21.4.4-Omega
I have my updates set to manual so that I can check them before installation and the new version of inputstream.adaptive showed up as soon as I rebooted after the update to LibreELEC-RPi4.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20240401
And yes, iPlayerWWW is now working properly with live streams for the first time in a couple of months.
(2024-03-31, 21:01)Spellbounder Wrote: I've searched the repo but only see the same version I have.

I've tried updating but no joy.

Under repositories I have Team Kodi 3.4.0 and LibrELEC 11.80.6

I know I can manually add a repo but don't know the URL for one that has the latest version of InputStream Adaptive.

By the way  thank you to anyone that is trying to help me resolve this issue, your patience is much appreciated.

When using LibreELEC you will need to update your whole installation to the latest nightly build. You can download it from the LibreELEC website.

As an alternative, I highly recommend using Kodi 20, which is stable.
(2024-04-01, 08:00)PiMan Wrote: With Libreelec on a RPI, inputstream.adaptive is pre-compiled by them as a binary addon and can only be updated using the addon control panel within Kodi.
I use the nightly builds from the development channel at: https://test.libreelec.tv/12.0/RPi/RPi4/
This changelog entry shows the updated addon was included in the build from 30th March:   2024-03-30 (3c02d1b):#8777inputstream.adaptive: update 21.4.3-Omega to 21.4.4-Omega
I have my updates set to manual so that I can check them before installation and the new version of inputstream.adaptive showed up as soon as I rebooted after the update to LibreELEC-RPi4.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20240401
And yes, iPlayerWWW is now working properly with live streams for the first time in a couple of months.

Thank you for the heads up.

I'd already updated to the latest (as of yesterday) nightly LibreELEC-RPi4.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20240331-ae242cb
The new nightly LibreELEC-RPi4.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20240401-726b493 fixed the issue and has updated inputstream.adaptive to 21.4.4.1

Many thanks everyone's help, much appreciated.
i  have chromecast 4k with google/android tv. i installed here kodi ,here i installed BBC iPlayer add-on from kodi itself. All shows like series are in sd resolution!
Does it depend on kodi software or google software? can i do something myself?
@slawomir - your thread/post (above) has been merged into the iPlayer WWW support thread.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2024-04-02, 12:58)slawomir Wrote: i  have chromecast 4k with google/android tv. i installed here kodi ,here i installed BBC iPlayer add-on from kodi itself. All shows like series are in sd resolution!
Does it depend on kodi software or google software? can i do something myself?

The best resolution currently available is 720p. If you are already getting that you reached the maximum. This depends on the iPlayer website, which only offers 720p at the moment.

If you get less than that, Inputstream Adaptive, the part of Kodi that takes care of playback, believes your internet connection is not fast enough for higher resolution. You can try to force higher bitrates in the settings of Inputstream Adaptive (not in the settings of the iPlayer WWW add-on). Note, though, that these settings are global and will affect other Kodi add-ons as well.
Its technically interesting - why does this player show everything in SD. I installed this iPlayer directly in Android TV and it has HD. Using this player in Android itself is difficult, plus you need a mouse! That's why I want to use it in Kodi.The next thing to note is that when I use this player in Kodi in Windows, the skin shows SD, but the quality is as good as HD!
My friends have a kodi box with this addon and it is hd. i think the google /android tv does not allow streaming in hd.
This addon sends in HD resolution on other devices but not in android tv.i will contact Google TV about this Chromecast.
(2024-04-03, 18:00)slawomir Wrote: Its technically interesting - why does this player show everything in SD. I installed this iPlayer directly in Android TV and it has HD. Using this player in Android itself is difficult, plus you need a mouse! That's why I want to use it in Kodi.The next thing to note is that when I use this player in Kodi in Windows, the skin shows SD, but the quality is as good as HD!
My friends have a kodi box with this addon and it is hd. i think the google /android tv does not allow streaming in hd.
This addon sends in HD resolution on other devices but not in android tv.i will contact Google TV about this Chromecast.

Google will not be able to help you with that at all. As I explained before, it is most likely that Inputstream Adaptive simply thinks your connection is too slow. Just increase the minimum bandwidth/bitrate in IA settings and you will either get nice 720p streams or stuttering (if your connection really is too slow).
(2024-04-01, 08:15)CaptainT Wrote: When using LibreELEC you will need to update your whole installation to the latest nightly build. You can download it from the LibreELEC website.

That's not actually correct. Inputstream Adaptive, ffmpeg and RTMP Input can all be individually installed and/or updated from the Videoplayer Inputstream branch of the LibreELEC repo instead of the Kodi official repo where it normally resides.

I would agree that it's best to stick with Kodi 20 though. The addon doesn't work in Kodi 21. Video freezes after about 20 seconds playback and never recovers.
(2024-04-14, 12:25)kevwag Wrote:
(2024-04-01, 08:15)CaptainT Wrote: When using LibreELEC you will need to update your whole installation to the latest nightly build. You can download it from the LibreELEC website.

I would agree that it's best to stick with Kodi 20 though. The addon doesn't work in Kodi 21. Video freezes after about 20 seconds playback and never recovers.
That's not actually correct. This issue was corrected with the release of IA (21.4.4) on Windows running stable Omega.
The addon therefore works perfectly, even in Kodi 21. If it does not, it's an IA issue on your platform, not an addon issue.
Please post in the IA thread or better yet open a bug report.
  • 190(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"iPlayer WWW" add-on12