• 176(current)
Release "iPlayer WWW" add-on
(2022-04-23, 08:54)Ghddbn Wrote: Can you please fix the programme content structure, eg. if you go to Snooker World Championship- folder it starts just the latest episode and not display all episodes available. Big THX
Which navigation path do you use to get there? If I go Categories->Sports->Snooker World Championship I get a folder with tons of episodes. Looks fine to me. I assume you are using a different path which ends up with a single episode. In order to investigate further, let me know how to get there, please.
I went over programme/ S/ Snooker WorldChampionsship

no issuse over category/ Sports/ 

Thx
(2022-04-23, 21:37)Ghddbn Wrote: I went over programme/ S/ Snooker WorldChampionsship

no issuse over category/ Sports/
Thanks for the explanation. Going over A-Z works for me as well. I get two list entries for "Snooker: World Championship":
  1. Snooker: World Championship - 40 episodes available
  2. Snooker: World Championship
The first is a link to a directory listing all available episodes (this is what you want). The second is a link to the latest episode (this is what you get).

This is as close as it gets to the website. Whenever an entry contains more than 1 episode available, the add-on will create two links. Depending on the sort setting of your skin you may get the two entries side by side, or first the episode, then the directories or vice versa. In my case, I first get all the directories, then the single episodes.

The only viable other option that I see would be to create only the first link every time there is more than one episode available, and only the second link when there is only one episode available. However, that would mean users who just want to go to the latest episode always have to click one more time.
CaptainT
Could you check back in the issue I posted on your GitHub page regarding the watched status. I've posted a couple of times with more info relevant to fixing the problem but I don't think you've seen them yet.

You said that the problem was that you didn't think you could get status messages from the player to determine what it's watched etc but I looked a bit closer at the addon's behaviour and noticed that this functionality is already happening and working fine at the local level. Shows / episodes are correctly showing as unwatched, watched or partially watched on the locally maintained list and partially watched shows offer to resume from the correct point when you play them again. The data you need is already there, it just needs to be synced back to the BBC website so that the "Watching" list updates itself correctly.
(2022-05-12, 13:15)kevwag Wrote: CaptainT
Could you check back in the issue I posted on your GitHub page regarding the watched status. I've posted a couple of times with more info relevant to fixing the problem but I don't think you've seen them yet.

You said that the problem was that you didn't think you could get status messages from the player to determine what it's watched etc but I looked a bit closer at the addon's behaviour and noticed that this functionality is already happening and working fine at the local level. Shows / episodes are correctly showing as unwatched, watched or partially watched on the locally maintained list and partially watched shows offer to resume from the correct point when you play them again. The data you need is already there, it just needs to be synced back to the BBC website so that the "Watching" list updates itself correctly.

What you observe is a function of the Kodi player itself, not the add-on. This is precisely the breaking point: The add-on calls the player and then the player takes over. There may be a feedback of the watched status to the skin you are using (the GUI), but not to the add-on. At least there is none that I found so far.
Can yyou add BBC three streams?
(2022-05-14, 12:21)drapero Wrote: Can yyou add BBC three streams?

I guess so. Didn‘t notice they went back to air again.
(2022-05-14, 14:21)CaptainT Wrote:
(2022-05-14, 12:21)drapero Wrote: Can yyou add BBC three streams?

I guess so. Didn‘t notice they went back to air again.
I am out of town at the moment. However, the change should be minimal, and has been implemented in a beta. I cannot test (not now anyways, as Three is not on right now), so I kindly ask you to assist me here.

Please download the beta zip from here, install it manually, and check if it works for you. If so, I will release it to the official repo.
It's working good, all 6 streams. Thank you for great addon. Well, this is the only addon I use Blush
Hello,
Just returned to Kodi after not using it for a while. Is the iplayer add on now restricted to 540p? The highest bitrate I get automatically or can select manually is 1.8mbps, which only returns a 540p stream. I know I used to get 720p on it. Is there a setting to change or is this the new limit?

Thanks for reading.
(2022-05-24, 06:38)bretsim Wrote: Hello,
Just returned to Kodi after not using it for a while. Is the iplayer add on now restricted to 540p? The highest bitrate I get automatically or can select manually is 1.8mbps, which only returns a 540p stream. I know I used to get 720p on it. Is there a setting to change or is this the new limit?

Thanks for reading.

Assuming that you are on Kodi 18 or 19 using the 4.0 version of the add-on the bitrate is controlled by the Inputstream Adaptive add-on, not this add-on any more. Normally, it should improve over time. If it does not try forcing higher bitrates in the Inputstream Adaptive settings.
(2022-05-24, 06:41)CaptainT Wrote:
(2022-05-24, 06:38)bretsim Wrote: Hello,

Thanks for reading.

Assuming that you are on Kodi 18 or 19 using the 4.0 version of the add-on the bitrate is controlled by the Inputstream Adaptive add-on, not this add-on any more. Normally, it should improve over time. If it does not try forcing higher bitrates in the Inputstream Adaptive settings.

I'm using 18.9 and downloaded the add on from the official repository just a few hours ago so it's as up to date as the repository I guess.

What sort of figure goes in the Inputstream settings to force 720p? And under which setting? Max Bandwidth?

Thanks.
Tried adding a very large number to Max Bandwidth but it made no difference - still maxing out at 540p/1.8mbps.

Is it possible to revert to an older version that doesn't use adaptive streams? Reliably getting the best quality stream every time was always my favourite thing about iplayer on Kodi.
No edit button on this forum?

Looks like the version from the repo was 3.0.52 if that makes any difference. If I click Update it just returns the same version.
It might seem counter-intuitive but settings for bandwidth Max & Min should be set to 0
in InputStream Adaptive. You should then get the resolution of 1280x720 .

See this screenshot if you need more detail.

You will get an edit option as your post count increases.This is an anti spam feature.
  • 176(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"iPlayer WWW" add-on12