Kodi starts with "llvmpipe" GPU...
Hello,

I don't know what I could try next. After a system update (Arch) about 50% of the time Kodi starts up with "llvmpipe" as the GPU and no video playback works at all.

It should start up with my Nvidia GPU which usually works if I restart both, the X server and Kodi.

Where can I try to start searching?
On the arch forum, please.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
After some more fiddling and removing my "edid.bin" loading, I ran into an error where X didn't start up at all with a message "No screens found". This somehow suggested that there is a timing problem here as X started immediately at the second try.

So I've created a "nvidia.conf" below "/etc/modules-load.d" with the content "nvidia". With this file in place it seems like the Nvidia driver is ready soon enough and the problem seems to be fixed.

Just as I'm curious: Would it be possible to force Kodi to never start with "llvmpipe" but fail in this case, so I could catch this case with systemd to force a restart?
Why that way around? If you properly start kodi after graphics.target is reached, there should be no problem at all. 

Don't workaround wrong systemd dependencies. It's not needed.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi starts with "llvmpipe" GPU...0