Limited poster artwork when scraping
Normally when I scrape a new Movie to Kodi and I set the poster artwork I am offered a variety of posters (I prefer original cinema posters with credits, not stripped down versions with only title). 
I then have to manually get the poster from the web and browse in KODI to my downloaded art, it's a little time consuming.
Now when I scrape Movies I am offered maybe only 2 versions of very stripped down poster artwork.
I am still scraping from default source, does anyone know why this may be?
Thanks.
(2020-04-11, 12:42)steve11 Wrote: does anyone know why this may be?
Nope, no idea. I don't even know which scraper you are using. A Debug Log would help.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-04-11, 12:42)steve11 Wrote: Normally when I scrape a new Movie to Kodi and I set the poster artwork I am offered a variety of posters (I prefer original cinema posters with credits, not stripped down versions with only title). 
I then have to manually get the poster from the web and browse in KODI to my downloaded art, it's a little time consuming.
Now when I scrape Movies I am offered maybe only 2 versions of very stripped down poster artwork.
Thanks.

I don't think this is a problem with the TMDB scraper on kodi.  Rather I think its an issue with TMDB itself.  I recently rebuilt everything on a RPi 4B and after re-scraping my library I have found about 40 movies that have scraped in where no fanart (i.e. "Backdrops" on TMDB's website) are loading in.  Upon further investigation, there are no fanart/backdrops for those 40 movies on TMDB, at all.  These movies range from relatively old movies like "To Sir, With Love" to newer movies like "Leaves of Grass". 

As far as I can tell, (using "Leaves of Grass" as an example) the TMDB scraper pulls in fanart from this URL:  https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/12834-l...uage=en-US  and the posters from this URL:  https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/12834-l...uage=en-US

You can see that the fanart/backdrop is completely empty for that movie.

I was trying to ask a question about that in TMDB forums, but can't find a way to ask a general question - looks like it has to be related to a specific movie/tv show/actor, etc.

Regardless, this is a relatively new development since the last time I did a complete re-scrape of my library (less than a year ago - probably about 6 months ago), everything scraped in without issue.
(2020-04-13, 22:25)sarvab Wrote:
(2020-04-11, 12:42)steve11 Wrote: Normally when I scrape a new Movie to Kodi and I set the poster artwork I am offered a variety of posters (I prefer original cinema posters with credits, not stripped down versions with only title). 
Thanks.

I don't think this is a problem with the TMDB scraper on kodi.  Rather I think its an issue with TMDB itself.  I recently rebuilt everything on a RPi 4B and after re-scraping my library I have found about 40 movies that have scraped in where no fanart (i.e. "Backdrops" on TMDB's website) are loading in.  Upon further investigation, there are no fanart/backdrops for those 40 movies on TMDB, at all.  These movies range from relatively old movies like "To Sir, With Love" to newer movies like "Leaves of Grass". 

As far as I can tell, (using "Leaves of Grass" as an example) the TMDB scraper pulls in fanart from this URL:  https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/12834-l...uage=en-US  and the posters from this URL:  https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/12834-l...uage=en-US

You can see that the fanart/backdrop is completely empty for that movie.

I was trying to ask a question about that in TMDB forums, but can't find a way to ask a general question - looks like it has to be related to a specific movie/tv show/actor, etc.

Regardless, this is a relatively new development since the last time I did a complete re-scrape of my library (less than a year ago - probably about 6 months ago), everything scraped in without issue. 
Thanks for response, I regularly add new movies and so debug logs and such seemed unnecessary. Yesterday I was offered mainly foreign posters when I scraped movies and even some art with no text at all. I have seen a few websites that have recently uploaded artwork that is also foreign (a Hollywood movie has the French or Spanish art, even Chinese). There is definitely something strange going on in these strange times.
I also have the same problem.

Very annoying.
(2020-04-18, 01:04)Boozon Wrote: I also have the same problem.

Very annoying.
I see this is still an issue, does anyone know anything about this?

I am having to manually cut out or grab posters from imdb and browse to them to choose, not the worst thing in the world but it used to be so much easier.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2941671
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-04-26, 21:01)Karellen Wrote: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2941671

Cheers for info!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Limited poster artwork when scraping0