SMB password denied on Odroid N2
Hi guys, hope someone can help me fix this. I can't access my SMB shares, the password is always denied. I've been at this for two weeks and I'm asking here because I've received zero useful tips on any of the Odroid/CoreElec forums. here's my latest log https://paste.kodi.tv/ehosekaloh.kodi
Losing my hair on this one and would love a fix, tia Smile
Does the user that you are trying to connect with exist on the server (with the password you are using)?  I guess that you are trying to connect to a Windows share but Windows no longer allows guest access or falls back to a guest account if you supply the wrong credentials.  SMB v1 allows both of those but is disabled in Win 10 since the Creators Update.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Tongue 
(2020-04-11, 18:01)black_eagle Wrote: Does the user that you are trying to connect with exist on the server (with the password you are using)?  I guess that you are trying to connect to a Windows share but Windows no longer allows guest access or falls back to a guest account if you supply the wrong credentials.  SMB v1 allows both of those but is disabled in Win 10 since the Creators Update.

Hi, thanks for your response. I've been using the nas capability on my router for years and all my other systems are setup this way. I most definitely am using the correct password, even changed to a new one just to make sure (a pia with 8 systems to change pw lol) 
I switched CoreElec to SMB1 and still no love. I tried 'guest access' but that was a disaster on the odroid and everything else but odroid Did connect the smb shares Weird.... 
Here's my post on their forums
Quote:Hi guys, I just got my N2 yesterday and was having the craziest problem. I use my router as a nas (T-mobile version of asus tm-ac1900) and have always connected using smb. Trying to load the shares thru Kodi settings it would not take the username/password at all. Funny thing is it saved the username/password in Kodi userdata folder everytime but it still refused to take. No notifications of any kind. I finally was able to set it up by enabling ‘guest mode’ in the router BUT now it still bounces the username/password but it let’s me see the shares. I’m a first time CoreELEC user so not sure if I’m supposed to do something beforehand. Appreciate any help setting it up the right way cause the ‘guest mode’ access seems a little quirky, thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB password denied on Odroid N20