Scraping movies, misses alot of movie posters
All of a sudden, scraping movies there is missing alot of movie posters. I get maybe one or two English posters, and many times no fanart, when i before got tons of them. On the newest movies it seems to be many more.

Is there alot of posters removed from https://www.themoviedb.org?
HTPC: AMD Ryzen 9 7900 | AMD Radeon RX 7600 XT | 32GB DDR5 6000 | 2x WD Black SN770 1TB + 182TB HDD.
TV/Audio: LG OLED CX 77 | Yamaha RX-A3070 | 5.1.2 Atmos Speaker Setup

Software:
Kodi: v21 RC2 Omega | Skin: Madnox.Redux v21.00.11 | OS: Windows 11 Home
Which scraper? Debug Log
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-04-14, 14:46)Simkin84 Wrote: All of a sudden, scraping movies there is missing alot of movie posters. I get maybe one or two English posters, and many times no fanart, when i before got tons of them. On the newest movies it seems to be many more.

I though I had the problem alone.

I re-installed Kodi yesteday on a new mediacenter and a ton of posters and fanart is missing.
Of some movies even there are poster in different language alone.
(2020-04-16, 11:57)ExGemini Wrote:
(2020-04-14, 14:46)Simkin84 Wrote: All of a sudden, scraping movies there is missing alot of movie posters. I get maybe one or two English posters, and many times no fanart, when i before got tons of them. On the newest movies it seems to be many more.

I re-installed Kodi yesteday on a new mediacenter and a ton of posters and fanart is missing.
(2020-04-17, 21:11)dkangel Wrote:
(2020-04-16, 11:57)ExGemini Wrote:

same issue for me

i rescan a folder and a lot of backdrop are now missing

so i check on the moviedb website and the posters are also gone. i have to upload new posters and wait 8h to change the cache

and yes some posters are now in foreign langage. some french posters that were there before are now missing

it look like they have a problem with their database
(2020-04-17, 21:13)dkangel Wrote: i have to upload new posters and wait 8h to change the cache
Why? If you already have the posters, just save them locally and scrape the movie. There is no reason to have to wait for a cache to update if you have the images locally.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-04-17, 21:23)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-04-17, 21:13)dkangel Wrote: i have to upload new posters and wait 8h to change the cache
Why? If you already have the posters, just save them locally and scrape the movie. There is no reason to have to wait for a cache to update if you have the images locally.  
i find the missing poster in the modification list of a movie. i don't have it on my disk.

for example  https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/151272-...uage=fr-FR

on the 29 of february, there is a backdrop addition but it can't be found on the movie page

so i save the backdrop et reupload it

i dont know why it is happening

Edit : now i have done that, one backdrop is available,  and one modification appear today
@docwra do you know anything about TMDB Bot deleting artwork? There are quite a few reports here about missing artwork.
My Signature
Oh i just understand that the letter D is for Deleted by the bot.

So im just undoing his work... Oups...
Nice to hear I'm not alone. On all my new movies that I put into Kodi the last few days, I'm having trouble finding good fanart and even posters.

As fanart, I like to use screenshots from the movies (instead of details from the poster or user created stuff), and this is just available for every other movie now. Usually it's available for like 95% of the movies.

And as far as posters are concerned, there are very few, and almost none in Swedish. This was not the case a few weeks ago.

So it's the source rather than Kodi or the scraper that causes this error? That's both good and bad news. :/

Anyone who knows somebody over at themoviedatabase.org?
(2020-04-17, 21:38)Karellen Wrote: @docwra do you know anything about TMDB Bot deleting artwork? There are quite a few reports here about missing artwork.

All I know is there is some ongoing maintenance going on, that is removing a lot of the artwork from older dates. This work is now complete I believe other than character posters.

All artwork can be re-uploaded by users.
Ok thanks @docwra

Do you know the reason for removing artwork in the first place? Just because it is old, doesn't mean it is bad.
My Signature
I hope they have a backup because just too many movies don't have any artwork anymore.
(2020-04-18, 23:05)Karellen Wrote: Ok thanks @docwra

Do you know the reason for removing artwork in the first place? Just because it is old, doesn't mean it is bad.

I don't know for sure, maybe some security or copyright thing.

Being someone who runs other sites like this, trust me when I say us admins don't do these types of things lightly or for no reason Smile
I have a complete fresh install on Manjaro Linux of Kodi and re-scraped my Movie Database.
I am now facing the same issue with a lot of missing artwork.

However, when I open the movie in tmdb, it shows much more posters then Kodi wants to show.

Example screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/2aKIclX

Why would it be able to download data on initial scrape, but fail to show any other remote artwork?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping movies, misses alot of movie posters0