Solved Unable to manually add artist artwork
Hello, could someone help please ?

I would manually add artwork to artists in the music library. I'm able to pick an image, but no 'OK' button appears. I close the dialog by clicking the top-right arrow.

I tried with thumb, poster and fanart. It's the same. I'm running Leia with Estuary V2 Mod skin. I tried it with Estuary and Confluence too, but nothing to do.

Couln't add artwork from custom or library folder.

I'm under Xubuntu 18.04.

Here is the Kodi log file.
log file
@Neelix - ExodusRedux is a banned addon (wiki) here as it violates our piracy policy (wiki). If you wish support here, it needs to be completely removed from your system, along with the repo it came from.

Please see the forum rules (wiki) that you accepted and agreed to abide by when you signed up here for full details.

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Here is the clean log.
log

I apologize for the previous one. I don't use this repo.
(2020-04-14, 16:15)Neelix Wrote: I'm able to pick an image, but no 'OK' button appears.
Where are you doing this? Follow the images shown here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork#Choosing_Art_You_Want

If you are still having problems, provide a screenshot of how you are trying to pick the image.

If the image is on your computer, use button 19.
If the image has already been uploaded to a public image hosting site, right click the image and select Copy image location then use button 14 and paste the link
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Here are screenshots. As you can see on the last one, the poster won't be applied. It's the same using all methods given on the wiki.

Poster for music artwork? How did you come to use Poster?

Music does not use poster.jpg. And because music does not use poster, none of the skins recognise the artwork.

Your artwork should be named folder.jpg and it is attached to the Thumbnail type. The artwork has an aspect ration of 1:1 something like 500x500 or 1000x1000. It looks like you are using local artwork, but you may have it incorrectly setup.

Try this guide to using local artwork... https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_artwork
Don't forget to set up your Artist information folder (wiki)

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Ok, inserting thumbs work with Estuary skin, using the artist information dialog works just fine.
But how could I add thumbs with Estuary Mod V2 skin ?

The artist information dialog doesn't provide any choose art button. By adding thumb over the context menu > artwork settings dialog, the thumb isn't added to the artist. (see screenshots above). It's the same with the original Estuary skin.
(2020-04-15, 13:23)Neelix Wrote: But how could I add thumbs with Estuary Mod V2 skin ?
Sorry, I don't know. Best to ask in the Estuary Mod forum as I don't have it installed to check for you.
My Signature
Just for the note. Artists and their thumbs are normally added via scraping. And if that doesn't work, you simply have to add your artist thumbs either at the artist information folder or at the Artist folder where your albums are stored. Then refreshing that info for that artist/album will add them to your library. 

There's also a function for that in Estuary. Called "Fetch all artist info" or something like that. Works pretty fine for me and I don't have to add artwork manually in that way.

This is how it works for me. Where "fanart" is the fanart and "folder" is the artist-thumb
Refresh artist information doesn't work in Estuary Mod. So, I think it should be a bug.
Switch back to the default skin Estuary and check that it works for you there.
My Signature
Estuary mod v2 hasn't been updated in a year or so... don't expect it to work properly with Kodi v18.
(2020-04-16, 10:33)Karellen Wrote: Switch back to the default skin Estuary and check that it works for you there.

I tried this solution. It works. That's why I think it's a bug.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to manually add artist artwork0