nVidia Shield TV "tube" version (2019)
(2022-02-02, 18:15)Vlaves Wrote:
(2022-02-02, 14:05)jjd-uk Wrote: Android on the Tube is only 32bit so is less able to cope with media that has high memory demands such a 4K, so it best avoided if you wish to watch anything above normal 1080p HD. The Pro version uses a 64 bit Android OS so is much better suited for high demand mendia playback.

Does this mean that the AFTV Cube is not capable of playing such a file too as it is runing in 32bit mode too?

I'm unsure, I've not seen any negativity regarding the FireTV Cube so it may not just be the use of 32 bit Andoid but how well the OS & SoC work together when the OS is 32 bit. It could be that the Nvidia Tegra SoC just doesn't work as well under a 32 bit OS since that's the major difference between the Tube anf the Pro, and the Tube seems much less able from reports. So perhaps Amazon did a better job at pairing the FireTV OS to the SoC's they use since I think FireTV OS is ciurrently 32 bit only.
Only for note, the only Fire TV device released with 64-bit system was the Fire TV 2.
Is there any explanation why the Shield Tube has problems with high bitrate 4K Remux playback? The Fire TV Cube 2 is also only 32bit hast the same 2GB of RAM and has similar performance when it comes to benchmarks and yet it plays 60+ GB files flawless, even over Wifi 5 without touching advancedsettings.xml at all. Yet the Shield Tube has stuttering issues, especially after around 1.5 – 2h into the movie and even when connected over Ethernet. This makes no sense to me.
Throttling due to overheating ?
Lighter OS?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV "tube" version (2019)0