"Sort files into folder" does not copy subtitle files
Hi

Newbie here, so please be gentle. ;-)
I've tried this function on some test files and it seems to work well, except that it leaves the subtitle files in the top level folder, when I kind of expected it to copy all associated files (with the same filename) into the newly created subfolder.
Or does it not work this way? I couldn't find any docs on the function.
Can you post a screenshot how the video and subtitle files are named befor moving? The subtitles has to start with the same file name like the movie file, e.g.

Code:
D:\Avatar.bluray.mkv
D:\Avatar.bluray-english.srt
D:\Avatar.bluray.german.forced.srt
D:\Avatar.bluray spanish.srt
D:\Die.Hard.mkv
D:\Die.Hard-english.srt
D:\Die.Hard.german.forced.srt
D:\Die.Hard spanish.srt

otherwise it's ipossible to recognize that a subtitle or any other file belongs to a video file. Also this function is only usefull if you store all files in a single and not in separate folders.
Before:
Code:
PS V:\films 4> dir

Directory: V:\films 4

Mode                LastWriteTime         Length Name
----                -------------         ------ ----
-a----       27/12/2004     15:13      745622016 A Bout de Souffle (1960) [Breathless] by Jean-Luc Godard.avi
-a----       21/12/2004     17:32          66485 A Bout de Souffle (1960) [Breathless] by Jean-Luc Godard.srt
After "Sort files into folder":
Code:
PS V:\films 4> dir -R

Directory: V:\films 4

d-----       14/04/2020     22:53                A Bout de Souffle (1960) [Breathless] by Jean-Luc Godard
-a----       21/12/2004     17:32          66485 A Bout de Souffle (1960) [Breathless] by Jean-Luc Godard.srt

Directory: V:\films 4\A Bout de Souffle (1960) [Breathless] by Jean-Luc Godard

-a----       27/12/2004     15:13      745622016 A Bout de Souffle (1960) [Breathless] by Jean-Luc Godard.avi
Ok, that's looks like a bug, I've to check that.
OK tx for looking.
I've also noticed that it ignores .rec and .mds files (though I guess the latter is superfluous).
So, the problem is that i've changed it from "file has to begin with same like file name" to "only move file names that already has a proper name scheme that fits". The reason was that in some cases I cannot distinguish which movie a file belongs to. If you've this case

Code:
D:\Movies\Die Hard.mkv
D:\Movies\Die Hard with a Vengeance.mkv
D:\Movies\Die Hard with a Vengeance.srt

The file "D:\Movies\Die Hard with a Vengeance.srt" also starts with "D:\Movies\Die Hard" and whould be moved into the wrong folder.
I think i need a better way, maybe start with the longest file names to prevent this issue and move it away before a shorter movie has been handled. I'll do some tests tomorrow to fix that. It's midnight for me and I have to work tomorrow.
Ok - I've no idea what the name scheme is, I just naively expected it to copy files into the same folder that obviously belonged together. I suppose if there is a question over that then one could make the operation interactive and prompt the user? Or if interactive operation is not desired then one could have an option ...
But of course I realise that my knowledge of all this is rather low! Thanks again for looking.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Sort files into folder" does not copy subtitle files0