Win How to: get SMB sharing to work on Windows 10 version 20H2
(2021-02-06, 14:17)Kunjila Wrote: Anyone had luck with this working in Kodi 19.0 RC1?
This does not work in Kodi v19 unless you use a password, due to a bug in v19. This guide is for the easiest way to use SMB, without a password.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/18832
Just wanted to add that this still works with Kodi v19 with one small change. You have to Setup the location with a username and password even though it isn't protected. I'm pretty sure anything works, but I just use the letter "a" for both

To edit a previously working share, long press on the share and select "Edit Source". Then click "Browse" and find the share from the list. It will either be an IP Address or your computer name (For me, it would either be smb:\\192.168.1.1 or smb:\\KAJUN-PC). Long press on this source and select "Edit Network Location". Add something to the username and password fields and press "OK". You should be able to just hit cancel until your back in Videos and have a working source again.

To add a new source: Adding_video_sources (wiki)

After step 4, we need to add our source to the list, so scroll to the bottom and select "+ Add Network Location".
Next, set the following: 
Protocol: SMB
Server name: <ComputerName> or <IP Adress> (mine could be KAJUN-PC or 192.168.1.1
Shared folder: <FolderName> (can be left blank and navigated to after)
Username: <anything>
Password: <anything>

This will add the Share as a source you can select in Step 5. Select your source, navigate to your videos and hit "OK". Continue with Step 6 and your done.  It can seem like it freezes/hangs if your library is big, but it'll catch up.
(2021-03-01, 23:44)nujak Wrote: Just wanted to add that this still works with Kodi v19 with one small change. You have to Setup the location with a username and password even though it isn't protected. I'm pretty sure anything works, but I just use the letter "a" for both
I only had to do this for the first source in my list. After hitting 1 and 1 for my logins on the first share, the rest were fine.
(2021-03-01, 23:44)nujak Wrote: Just wanted to add that this still works with Kodi v19 with one small change. You have to Setup the location with a username and password even though it isn't protected. I'm pretty sure anything works, but I just use the letter "a" for both

To edit a previously working share, long press on the share and select "Edit Source". Then click "Browse" and find the share from the list. It will either be an IP Address or your computer name (For me, it would either be smb:\\192.168.1.1 or smb:\\KAJUN-PC). Long press on this source and select "Edit Network Location". Add something to the username and password fields and press "OK". You should be able to just hit cancel until your back in Videos and have a working source again.

To add a new source: Adding_video_sources (wiki)

After step 4, we need to add our source to the list, so scroll to the bottom and select "+ Add Network Location".
Next, set the following: 
Protocol: SMB
Server name: <ComputerName> or <IP Adress> (mine could be KAJUN-PC or 192.168.1.1
Shared folder: <FolderName> (can be left blank and navigated to after)
Username: <anything>
Password: <anything>

This will add the Share as a source you can select in Step 5. Select your source, navigate to your videos and hit "OK". Continue with Step 6 and your done.  It can seem like it freezes/hangs if your library is big, but it'll catch up.
hola, segui al pie de la letra todo, pero esto no entiendo, y me aparece un cartel con que no puede investigar el directorio remoto. no entiendo lo de poner un password.
si me podrian ayudar. 
si lo busco directamente buscando por sbs, no me aparece la pc
utilizo kodi matrix.
saludos
@nahueloccan

We are an English forum. Please also post a translation. Google Translate is ok
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-06-02, 01:52)nahueloccan Wrote: hola, segui al pie de la letra todo, pero esto no entiendo, y me aparece un cartel con que no puede investigar el directorio remoto. no entiendo lo de poner un password.
si me podrian ayudar. 
si lo busco directamente buscando por sbs, no me aparece la pc
utilizo kodi matrix.
saludos

Hello, I followed everything to the letter, but I don't understand this, and I get a sign that it cannot investigate the remote directory. I do not understand what to put a password.
if you could help me.
If I look for it directly by searching for sbs, the pc does not appear
i use kodi matrix.
regards
Yep, this absolutely works for v19.
In the  the photos the slash's are  \\\\ but in you the text that you put in the slash's are (smb://MON-NOTEBOOK/imon's) which is right?
(2022-01-22, 18:21)ggtw2379 Wrote: you put in the slash's are (smb://MON-NOTEBOOK/imon's) which is right?
The way I quoted is the right way.
(2022-01-22, 18:21)ggtw2379 Wrote: but in you the text that you put in the slash's are (smb://MON-NOTEBOOK/imon's) which is right?

Network paths and Linux internal paths always use forward slashes. Windows local paths use backward slashes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to: get SMB sharing to work on Windows 10 version 20H21