Artwork Beef vs. Artist Slideshow (extrafanart)
Good day everyone,

I am running Leia 18.5 on an HTPC, using a dedicated Artist Information Folder for my fanart.

When Kodi scans for changes on bootup, Artwork Beef downloads extrafanart for any new artists and places the files in each artist's root folder.  The files are labeled fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg, fanart3.jpg, etc.

When I actually play a track by one of those new artists, Artist Slideshow kicks in and downloads its own set of background images.  It creates a new extrafanart subfolder in the artist's directory and saves the images in there.  The filenames look like a long hash string with no real pattern (I assume unaltered from whatever source they were scraped from).  The "information" subfolder is created at this time as well, containing various .nfo files for the artist.

This behavior seems a bit redundant so I'm wondering what changes I should make for an optimal setup.  Is the extrafanart subfolder even necessary?  I wouldn't mind getting rid of that, but if Artist Slideshow needs it to function properly I don't want to mess with it.  I'd like to have only one set of background images for an artist if possible, while maintaining compatibility with the most skins/addons.

Thanks for any insight you can provide!
@Busta Uppa

Do you have the latest version of Artist Slideshow installed as that process was changed and fixed a while ago.

This is the start of the conversation for the fix... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2895585

If you are still having issues with Artist Slideshow, then best to ask in that thread.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef vs. Artist Slideshow (extrafanart)0