v19 inputstreamaddon and inputstreamclass to be deprecated in favour of inputstream
All,

For all addons (binary and python) the use of both inputstreamaddon and inputstreamclass will be deprecated in favour of inputstream. The reason for this is that neither refer to all inputstreams and having multiple supported adds complexity. 

As there is a Matrix repo for python3 now it makes sense to include this change also.

For example either of the following (or a mix of the two) would have been valid before the deprecation:

python:

listitem.setContentLookup(False)
listitem.setMimeType('application/xml+dash')
listitem.setProperty('inputstreamaddon', 'inputstream.adaptive')
listitem.setProperty('inputstream.adaptive.manifest_type', 'mpd')

python:

listitem.setMimeType('video/mp2t')
listitem.setProperty('inputstreamclass', 'inputstream.ffmpegdirect')
listitem.setProperty('inputstream.ffmpegdirect.mime_type', 'video/mp2t')
listitem.setProperty('inputstream.ffmpegdirect.is_realtime_stream', 'true')

Following the deprecation both examples would change to:

python:

listitem.setMimeType('application/xml+dash')
listitem.setProperty('inputstream', 'inputstream.adaptive')
listitem.setProperty('inputstream.adaptive.manifest_type', 'mpd')

python:

listitem.setMimeType('video/mp2t')
listitem.setProperty('inputstream', 'inputstream.ffmpegdirect')
listitem.setProperty('inputstream.ffmpegdirect.mime_type', 'video/mp2t')
listitem.setProperty('inputstream.ffmpegdirect.is_realtime_stream', 'true')

As of today the next nightliy builds will support inputstream. The plan being to remove the old values from v19 at the end of May.

For PVR Addons each one will be updated to move to using inputstream. A similar user post created so those who have them embedded in M3U files etc. will also know to update them.

Cheers,

phunkyfish
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
Is there something that a pvr addon actively has to do or will it continue to be done by Kodi for the PVR code for timeshift.   For most live tv streams I just use XBMC->OpenFile()

I do use GetChannelStreamProperties() for PVR_STREAM_PROPERTY_ISREALTIMESTREAM for certain streams  but not inputstream properties, at least until timeshifting for m3u8 files is  supported.

Martin
Nothing specific for you to do. PVR addons will get updated as part of the next API changed anyway 😉

But nextpvr doesn’t require any changes.
so in a Leia/Matrix compatible add-on, I'll need to check for Matrix and set 'inputstream' and for Leia or below, use inputstreamaddon
(2020-04-17, 14:46)matthuisman Wrote: so in a Leia/Matrix compatible add-on, I'll need to check for Matrix and set 'inputstream' and for Leia or below, use inputstreamaddon

Correct
awesome. Easily done Smile
I will create a PR for this change tomorrow which will be merged in the coming days.
(2020-06-04, 20:41)phunkyfish Wrote: I will create a PR for this change tomorrow which will be merged in the coming days.

Thank you.
Hi,

i´ve found this site because of my kodi error "CInputStreamAddon::Supports - 'inputstreamaddon' has been deprecated, please use `#KODIPROP:inputstream=inputstream.adaptive` instead"

i have Kodi 19.1 Matrix on my pc and on my Android IPTV box.
II like to watch movies from filmfriend.de
i have installed  the filmfriend AddOn and inserted my credentials.
But i only got this error in the log fiie.
As i read previous posts above, it says that " I'll need to check for Matrix and set 'inputstream' and for Leia or below, use inputstreamaddon"

How and where exactly to do this?
my  LogFile
p.s. i also use the Enigma2 PVR Addon
(2021-07-28, 03:30)Mike Echo Wrote: Hi,

i´ve found this site because of my kodi error "CInputStreamAddon::Supports - 'inputstreamaddon' has been deprecated, please use `#KODIPROP:inputstream=inputstream.adaptive` instead"

i have Kodi 19.1 Matrix on my pc and on my Android IPTV box.
II like to watch movies from filmfriend.de
i have installed  the filmfriend AddOn and inserted my credentials.
But i only got this error in the log fiie.
As i read previous posts above, it says that " I'll need to check for Matrix and set 'inputstream' and for Leia or below, use inputstreamaddon"

How and where exactly to do this?
my  LogFile
p.s. i also use the Enigma2 PVR Addon

You have multiple banned addons on your system , to be able to get any help from here, you would need a clean system with no banned addons install.
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
ok, here´s my fresh new LogFile

cheers
You need with replace inputstreamaddon with inputstream in your M3U file.
(2021-07-28, 15:00)phunkyfish Wrote: You need with replace inputstreamaddon with inputstream in your M3U file.

hm sry, but i am an noob in kodi. i dont have a clue where to edit this M3U file.
Al i did is downloaded the filmfriend Addon, put in my credentials and hit run!
i have an account from my city library. where can i find this M3U?And which setting have to made also?
or does this fiile com from server side so that i have to inform the admins there in the lbrary?
thanks

cheers
i searched both folders C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi and C:\Program Files\Kodi for *.m3u

there isnt such a file!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
inputstreamaddon and inputstreamclass to be deprecated in favour of inputstream0