v18 Installing add-ons manually?
Apologies for the cross-post, but I think this initial obstacle might be platform-neutral rather than specific to Mac OS (whose forum seems uninhabited):

I'm attempting to install libbluray and point Kodi to my installed JRE, but I think I'm running into a preliminary roadblock:

Quote:INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'Could not read plug-in directory /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons: No such file or directory

But I do have such a directory, which Kodi itself created, and its permissions are 755.

Is this a spurious error message? Or there a permissions issue? Or does this message mean something else entirely?

I'm running Kodi 18.6. If I can ignore the above, then I'll have some questions about how to set up a java add-on that points to my JRE.
(2020-04-16, 15:15)pjcpjc Wrote: Apologies for the cross-post, but I think this initial obstacle might be platform-neutral rather than specific to Mac OS

Next time simply ask your thread/post to be moved. It'll give less confusion and clutter.
Thank you for cleaning up the other duplicate thread. For future reference, how do I ask for the thread to be moved?
(2020-04-16, 17:11)pjcpjc Wrote: Thank you for cleaning up the other duplicate thread. For future reference, how do I ask for the thread to be moved?

The same way you just asked your question.
OK, I didn't realize the moderators were so vigilantly scouring the forums since I'm new here and the original location had no activity for 36 hours.
Sorry that you had to wait 36 hours for your post to be 'acknowledged'.
Be aware that Kodi relies only on volunteers, there are no predetermined shifts.
Being a moderator does not necessarily mean having a valid answer to all questions.
(2020-04-16, 17:19)pjcpjc Wrote: OK, I didn't realize the moderators were so vigilantly scouring the forums since I'm new here and the original location had no activity for 36 hours.
Most probably use the View New Posts option at the bottom of the forum.
Dragging this thread back to its original question, and having looked at the source code, it seems that this error appears when there are no add-ons yet installed (more specifically, that no plugin directory has an addon.xml). The error message disappeared once I let Kodi download and install its default set of add-ons.

...and now I need to spend more time working my add-on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing add-ons manually?0