• 2(current)
v19 QUARTZ - Matrix
This works!  Thank you again @nonJon !  This is great!
You're welcome @rhoop206

Keep in mind this mod will be overwritten when the skin is updated so be prepared to deal with that.

Cheers!
(2020-07-11, 00:17)nonJon Wrote: You're welcome @rhoop206

Keep in mind this mod will be overwritten when the skin is updated so be prepared to deal with that.

Cheers!

Yup - got it. I’ll save a version of the xml files that I’ve edited so I can cut and paste them back in when future updates are pushed.. thanks for the heads up!

One last question (I promise)... how would you recommend to increase the scroll speed of the RSS feed? I feel like it’s going pretty slow by default.

Thank you!

nevermind! I figured it out 😎👍🤜🤛!
Thumbs Up 
I have moved to Matrix RC Quartz 5.19.0 in order to keep up with your development. I think my question probably applies to earlier versions too (if I need to revert to Leia). Where do I go to edit the number of favorites offered for Movies, TV Shows, etc  in the Home Menus Customizer?
Thank you.
PS I agree with your unbiased belief that Quartz is the best skin
Quote:[..] Where do I go to edit the number of favorites offered for Movies, TV Shows, etc  in the Home Menus Customizer?

CustomMenuCustomizer.xml starting at line 197 and Home.xml (from line 201 on). hth
(2021-01-27, 11:28)nonJon Wrote:
Quote:[..] Where do I go to edit the number of favorites offered for Movies, TV Shows, etc  in the Home Menus Customizer?

CustomMenuCustomizer.xml starting at line 197 and Home.xml (from line 201 on). hth

So, as I want to add 3 more to TV Shows would I clone this snippet 3 times:
<control type="button" id="210">
                    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(TVSectionHide) + Container(50).HasFocus(1002)</visible>
                    <include>SettingsSubmenuButtons</include>
                    <label>- $LOCALIZE[1036] 7</label>
                    <label2>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomTV.7.Label)]</label2>
                    <onclick>RunScript(script.favourites,property=CustomTV.7)</onclick>
                </con
and change the label numbers from 7 to 8,9,and 10? Or is there more to it than that? I'm trying to do this by myself (a) so as not to demand too much of your time and (b) to challenge myself as I have no coding at all. Thanks
Correct @cliveo.

You also need to increment the control id for each. Adding 3 slots is obviously going to exceed the window height. I wonder if that container will scroll properly without additional work. You could skip the customizer code changes altogether by manually adding the requisite entries into the skin's settings.xml file. Home.xml changes still necessary, of course.
Hi, Enjoying the skin.

I had one request, not sure why most skins don't seem to do it but it would be great to add a Profile Swap option to the menu. Instead of having to quit the SKIN to change just give users the option to add a 'shortcut' to the menu to switch profiles. Should be very simple?
Hi @pgdownload

This thread and the wiki cover the various ways of switching profiles. To switch via menu shortcut just edit the favorites.xml appropriately then add that favorite to the quartz submenu of your choosing using: Settings>Skin>Homepage>Home menus customizer. Let me know if you have any questions. hth
Thanks,

I'll have a go at editing the files. I've done it before but on some platforms its extremely cumbersome. Steep learning curve and software to install hardware to connect and byzantine file structures and then maintaining the custom edited files etc. And of course if you get it a bit wrong then strange things happen (or don't happen). 

I'm running Kodi on an NVidia Shield.

Profiles is a big part of many setups (mainly for those with kids) I was just thinking it would be very simple for skins to offer a built in settings option that can be added to the menu.

I've recently switched from Eminence (no Matrix support) and that got most of the way there where you could just add the custom command LOADPROFILE(KIDS) to a menu button and switch around easily. This was done in the skin and not editing setup files.

Regards

Peter
@pgdownload

The favorites method I described has none of pitfalls you mentioned. You will not be altering the skin. You're temporarily creating a favourite to add a submenu item via the skin's settings. This solution is immuned to skin updates and you can remove the favorite after pinning it. This thread may help clarify.
Got a sense that might be the case after your post sunk in. I'll give it a go. Thanks.

Its still a bit of a work around though. Would like to see more mods just make it a drop down point and click option in the settings. Wouldn't be hard.

Peter
(2021-02-26, 00:00)nonJon Wrote: @pgdownload

The favorites method I described has none of pitfalls you mentioned. You will not be altering the skin. You're temporarily creating a favourite to add a submenu item via the skin's settings. This solution is immuned to skin updates and you can remove the favorite after pinning it. This thread may help clarify.

Hi nonJon,

Actually getting access to the Shield folder structure was easier than expected. I added a favorites.xml directly under userdata and that trashed all installs (all profiles gone and skin reset). Again though Kodi was pretty good at recovery. Creating the profiles again found the existing data and sources and everything back up and running in short order. 

So I've created some Favorites within QUARTZ and found the favorites.xml file is under the Profile folders (as I probably should have expected). I edited this to have the LOADPROFILE commands and if I go to FAVORITES in QUARTZ I can select them and they work as expected. 

The problem is I can't seem to add them to QUARTZ via the CUSTOMISE MENU option. I see spots for Favorites 1, Favorites 2, etc. but when I click on them I can't assign my LOADPROFILE items as they aren't listed as an option. Standard Favorites like a specific TV Show appear. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to edit the other XML files after all?
(2021-03-01, 00:26)pgdownload Wrote: Standard Favorites like a specific TV Show appear. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to edit the other XML files after all?

The default/master profile uses the xml file in userdata while all other profiles use the xml file in their respective profile folders. So, yes, you will need to edit each and every profile's favourites.xml from which you wish to reference a favourite.
(2021-03-01, 11:54)nonJon Wrote:
(2021-03-01, 00:26)pgdownload Wrote: The default/master profile uses the xml file in userdata while all other profiles use the xml file in their respective profile folders. So, yes, you will need to edit each and every profile's favourites.xml from which you wish to reference a favourite.

That's understood. I've edited all favorites files and I can go to the favourites option on Quartz and drill down to them. 

What I want to do is add my favourites to the main menu options. Favorites 1, Favorites 2, etc. My custom options don't appear as options to do this.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Matrix0