I must be thick.. Vice C64 help
Hi all,

I have been sitting lazily enjoying an old installation of Kodi (from early 2018 I believe?) and finally figured I should update since I got kinda tired of being teased now and then by Kodi about my old version.

Anyhoo, I installed and I was amazed to see that there is a game section there now. So the C64 being something of a staple from my youth I installed the add-on pronto (And Scumm too of course) and I was so ready to try it out. To my chagrin though Kodi will always hardcrash right to desktop whenever I try to start Vice. I took a look at the kodi.log file and there seems there are a lot of unknown setting ID things going on so I am assuming I must install something else to make this work?

I have tried to find anything to help me, but I haven't been able to find anything useful at all. Best guess I can do is that I am missing a rom file or something like that. Or is the add on just a front end for Vice C64? 

Anyhoo, I would love to be able to visit past glories and I would really appreciate any help on this. There is clearly something I am misunderstanding here.

Thank you. Smile
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2020-04-17, 19:47)OTinley Wrote: To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum

Fair enough. Here is the link: https://paste.kodi.tv/igifepufiz.kodi
(2020-04-17, 19:47)OTinley Wrote: To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

Crap. My mistake.. HERE is the debug log: https://paste.kodi.tv/iwilohadip.kodi
Hello, same problem here: Kodi (skin AEON MQ8) crashes with both Vice and the Coleco emulator.

Unfortunately my log is above 1MB so I struggle uploading it...can you please suggest an alternative?
Tried paste.ubuntu.com as well, but I get a Bad Gateway error...

Thanks in advance,
Tranfa
How about splitting the log file in two or more pieces..?
Thank you Klojum,
I hopefully did something better, eliminating the EPG searches from NPVR and the VideoInfoScanner references.

Here it is:
https://paste.kodi.tv/yufeduraka.kodi
Hey, was this issue ever resolved? My Kodi also crashes to desktop when trying to launch a C64 game either with Vice or Frodo. Happens on two different computers, and with a fresh install of Kodi 19.1. I'll post logs if that helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I must be thick.. Vice C64 help0