Tags / genres ?
(2020-09-27, 06:59)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-09-27, 06:18)mrob Wrote: Question: is there some way to search this list and get matching movies? Can I do a search like tags:film noir?
There is no Search for Tags.

Instead, go to your Tag list and select which tag you want to view...

Oh. That's not going to work. There are already almost 4000 tags on the list. I tried scrolling but it's just absurdly slow.

What to do?
I am out of ideas at this minute. 4,000 is certainly a lot of tags and the reason I never use public tags (which are meaningless to me) and only create my own ones.

Maybe @ronie could consider this for his Global Search add-on?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-09-27, 08:14)Karellen Wrote: I am out of ideas at this minute. 4,000 is certainly a lot of tags and the reason I never use public tags (which are meaningless to me) and only create my own ones.

Maybe @ronie could consider this for his Global Search add-on?
Yeah, it does seem a bit excessive, but that's just what came in from the TMDb scrape.

Hooking it into global search would be cool. Is there another forum or venue for putting in a request for this?
(2020-09-27, 08:45)mrob Wrote: Hooking it into global search would be cool. Is there another forum or venue for putting in a request for this?
I have already pinged the addon developer in my previous post. Let's see what comment he makes.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-09-27, 09:04)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-09-27, 08:45)mrob Wrote: Hooking it into global search would be cool. Is there another forum or venue for putting in a request for this?
I have already pinged the addon developer in my previous post. Let's see what comment he makes.
Great, thanks!!
globalsearch can only search by title, and i'm afraid i have no intention to add other search methods to it.

but what you can do is use the filter option in kodi:

Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2020-09-27, 19:02)ronie Wrote: globalsearch can only search by title, and i'm afraid i have no intention to add other search methods to it.

but what you can do is use the filter option in kodi:

Hi, thanks for your message. I tried the filter option, but it's the same problem: I click on tags in the Filter dialog, and Kodi just shows a 4000-item list of all the tags scraped from TMDb.

Any other possibilities?
yup, i found one that might work better for you..

if you go to the tags listing (as @Karellen suggested), there will also be a 'Filter' option on the side menu.
this one behaves differently though and allows you to type the name of a tag.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2020-09-28, 13:35)ronie Wrote: yup, i found one that might work better for you..

if you go to the tags listing (as @Karellen suggested), there will also be a 'Filter' option on the side menu.
this one behaves differently though and allows you to type the name of a tag.

Hey, that works great — just what I wanted! Thanks!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tags / genres ?0