test for track skip in visualizer
I have an animation that triggers when player progress reaches 100 percent. Would also like to trigger when track is skipped with keyboard shortcut up arrow.

Any ideas?
Would it work if you trigger the animation when progress == 0 instead? That would cover all scenarios of skipping a track.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
I have a control group (art, metadata, progress bar) that zooms/fades in at 0 and does the opposite at 100. When a track skip occurs metadata changes pretty much instantly but there's a ~300 ms delay before progress resets so you can see my problem. Looks nice when tracks are allowed to finish. Hiccups when they're skipped.
perhas a stringcompare on Player.Time()?
Code:
StringIsEqual(Player.Time(hh:mm:ss), 00:00:00)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Same behavior using player time. I don't necessarily need track skip to exactly mimic an uninterrupted transition. In fact, when crossfade is active player progress never gets to 100 yet transitions still look smooth. Perhaps there's a way to work around this without detecting the event but I'm not competent enough with animation stuff to figure it out. Sad
Believe I've solved the puzzle. When skipping a track this becomes true for a split second:

Code:
String.IsEqual(MusicPlayer.Title,MusicPlayer.offset(-1).Title)

Combined with string compare on player time (thx @ronie) and some other tests... I think the redundant animation has been axed for good.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
test for track skip in visualizer0