video sound out of sync
I have made a run at this before.  I also have tried to send this and lost it so this may be a repeat.

My problem is that I have a video file that has the sound out of sync.  I can run the same file in VLC with no problem but not in Kodi.   I also ran the file through mediafile and posted the results.

Mediafile: https://paste.kodi.tv/ubiwubisev
My logfile: https://paste.kodi.tv/eqetiyedit.kodi

I have no idea what is going on.  My current solution, when this happens, is to run the file through Handbrake which does the job and can reduce a 4gb file to 500mp. 

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated - thank you..................
Processor:                     AMD FX(tn)-4300 Quad-Core Processor
Memory:                        15307MB (4282MB used)
Operating System:        Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
Select Bilinear for scaling and retry please. If issue persist, please use vlc.

Kodi on X11 is not maintained anymore, sadly.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-04-19, 09:35)fritsch Wrote: Select Bilinear for scaling and retry please. If issue persist, please use vlc.

Kodi on X11 is not maintained anymore, sadly.
Thank you for the reply.

I am confused.  I have no idea what "X11" is (then it dawned on me.  That's the display system that linux uses (not paying attention I guess).  I don't mess with that and its all default). 
My OS is Ubuntu 18.04.3
Processor is: AMD® A8-7650k radeon r7, 10 compute cores 4c+6g × 4
Graphics: AMD® Kaveri

I couldn't figure out how to get to the scaling thing.  I did, however, root around and found some settings.  One was to set the playback to sync with the video.  Then I found settings for passthrough.  I set that to true and set that up too.  I have no idea if its screwed up until I use kodi which will be tonight. 

I have been using this program for quite a while and I tend to use defaults as, most of the time, that works just fine for me. 

Anyway - Thanks again!
I forgot one other thing.  When the audio goes out of sync its not steady so trying to control it be delay/faster doesn't work.  I can get it in sync but, then, it will go bad again.  Its VERY strange  I would prefer not moving entirely to vlc as the scaling of that program doesn't really like my 4k setup and its hard to read.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
video sound out of sync0