Menu button not working on HiMedia q10 pro Remote
Sorry if this post is in the wrong place but the only place I see the problem is in Music. (I live in Fiji and don't stream anything. I just use Kodi to play my music and a few videos.) Ever since upgrading to v18 the subtitles in my videos flicker terribly. I decided to install the latest release in the hopes the issue would be fixed. Instead, in the latest release my menu key on my remote (which is the basic remote that comes with the Himedia Q10) stopped working (and the subtitles still flicker). The menu button (F4) on my Logitech keyboard works properly, but I much prefer using the remote most of the time.
In desperation, I uninstalled 18 and reinstalled 17. However, not only was the menu button still not working, it also made the return button stop. I quickly reinstalled 18 and got back the return button but menu is still not working. The uninstall-reinstall-uninstall-reinstall process caused a few other headaches but it's the menu key that I really want back. Is there a simple way to fix this? (And is there a fix for the subtitle flickering?)
Thanks!
(2020-04-19, 06:28)FijiJohn Wrote: quickly reinstalled 18 and got back the return button but menu is still not working.

I'm not an Android or 'remote' guru, but uninstalling/reinstalling the Kodi application doesn't help much if the user settings remain the same. I don't know what exactly changed from v17 to v18, perhaps you can start with renaming (or deleting) Kodi's hidden main data folder (.kodi), so Kodi can create a new, fresh set of user settings. Perhaps the upgrade to v18 has mangled some of those.

Also, having Android auto-update applications is a default user setting that can be changed to 'manual'. I'm sure that auto-updates are highly convenient for most people, but I prefer to update whatever I want when I want it.

You may want to search the forum for flickering videos, others could have the same problem.
(2020-04-19, 06:45)Klojum Wrote: I'm not an Android or 'remote' guru, but uninstalling/reinstalling the Kodi application doesn't help much if the user settings remain the same. I don't know what exactly changed from v17 to v18, perhaps you can start with renaming (or deleting) Kodi's hidden main data folder (.kodi), so Kodi can create a new, fresh set of user settings. Perhaps the upgrade to v18 has mangled some of those.

Also, having Android auto-update applications is a default user setting that can be changed to 'manual'. I'm sure that auto-updates are highly convenient for most people, but I prefer to update whatever I want when I want it.

You may want to search the forum for flickering videos, others could have the same problem. 
I've searched for flickering subtitles but found nothing. I just don't know Android. I have no idea how to even show the hidden .Kodi folder. I'm pretty good on Windows and used to be good on Macs, but the HiMedia Android set top box remains a mystery.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Menu button not working on HiMedia q10 pro Remote0