Poll: Did you vote in SourceForge.net 2008 Community Choice Awards?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I voted for XBMC or other projects.
97.73%
No, I did not know about it until now.
2.27%
No, I did not have 5 minutes to spare.
0%
Total
44 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

XBMC wins another SourceForge Community Choice Award
XBMC media center was nominated as a finalist in this years SourceForge Community Choice Awards (CCA) in no less than seven categories, including "Most Likely to Change the World" (awarded to Linux) and "Best Project for Multimedia" (awarded to VLC). The winners were announced at a party held as part of OSCON and XBMC won the award for "Best Project for Gamers". The "Best Project" award went to OpenOffice (which was overall winner taking home three awards in total).

XBMC started life out as the central piece of media center software for the old Xbox games console, and it is great to receive this recognition as the media center that gamers enjoy and use.

Over the last 12 months or so we have been branching out to all platforms, so that XBMC now also runs natively on Linux, Mac and Windows. We hope with a couple of stable releases under our belt (expect some news about this shortly) that more and more people will be using XBMC on their platform of choice.

Team-XBMC would like to thank SourceForge.net and everyone who took the time to vote for XBMC in this year's SourceForge Community Choice Awards.
Digg it http://digg.com/software/XBMC_wins_anoth...oice_Award
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
My only problem with this is, xbmc is almost not even game related. I mean sure you can have your emulators and such but other than that its not. I think this just goes to show you that people consider xbmc to still be a program that you only run on your old xbox.

I wish the name of the project would loose the xb. I was trying to explain that xbmc really had nothing to do with the xbox any more, other than you can run it on an xbox. People looking for a media center are going to pass on this. They say oh yeah xbmc I had a friend/ I used(use) that, but I need a media center for my computer... xb is going to mean xbox to a lot of people for along time. Its shame too since this is one of the best media centers out there right now. Mythtv gets way more press and it does not even come close to the ease of use and set up of xbmc. In my opinion this great project has totally out grown its name.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
Most people have never heard of xbmc, and thus have no idea that xb means xbox.

People ask what I work on, I say: "I work on xbmc - it's a media center. It runs on linux, windows, osx and even the original xbox."
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

onesojourner Wrote:I wish the name of the project would loose the xb.
Please refer to this other discussion => http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=28033

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC wins another SourceForge Community Choice Award0