How do I identify favorites in a smart playlist?
I want to use a smart playlist to manipulate the list of tv shows marked as favorites but I can't figure out how to actually identify favorites. How do I do this?
(2020-04-21, 02:37)teriyaki Wrote: I can't figure out how to actually identify favorites. How do I do this?
Try this... https://kodi.wiki/view/Favourites
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-04-21, 03:13)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-04-21, 02:37)teriyaki Wrote: I can't figure out how to actually identify favorites. How do I do this?
Try this... https://kodi.wiki/view/Favourites 

Thanks for the reply Karellen. However, that doesn't address how to identify favorites in a smart playlist.
ok. Favourites is not a criteria in smart playlists. You cannot create a smart playlist based on favourites.

There are dozens and dozens of values you can use for Smart Playlists, maybe choose one that suits your requirements. Otherwise use a Tag
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Being a favorite is a requirement. It's bizarre you can match a favorite flag in a smart playlist. Pretty big oversight there. Oh well. I think we're just going to dump using favorites altogether since it's so limited anyways. Using tags would be more robust. In fact, the current favorites implementation could be dumped completely in favor of <user>-favorite tags.

So now I guess I need to figure out how to add the ability add/remove tags from the context menu the same way you can add/remove the favorites flag.
(2020-04-21, 05:36)teriyaki Wrote: Being a favorite is a requirement.
What do you mean? There is no Favourite value in a smart playlist. Post a screenshot of where you are seeing it as maybe we are referring to two different things.
My Signature
(2020-04-21, 05:22)Karellen Wrote: There are dozens and dozens of values you can use for Smart Playlists, maybe choose one that suits your requirements.
You mentioned choosing some other value that suits my requirements and my reply just stated that being a favorite is a requirement. The implication is if it's impossible for a smart playlists to know what a favorite is, a smart playlist is useless for this. Your idea to use tags is the only option it seems. As long as I can figure out how to add/remove tags from the context menu as easily as you can set/remove the favorite flag, that will work and be user-friendly enough.
https://kodi.tv/addon/context-menus/managetags
My Signature
Weird.. I searched for "tag" from within Kodi using the addon search function and it came back with no results found, which I did find odd but still took at face value. Thanks for the link, hopefully that's the solution we're looking for.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I identify favorites in a smart playlist?0