How do you delete unwanted user-defined tags?!
I made some `test` tags to associate with various video content just to see if it worked better for my needs.. It does but now I cant figure out where/how to delete the test tags. They don't seem to be in any files so I'm guessing they're stored in the database somewhere? I can't find anywhere in settings or addons that lets me delete them. Do I need something like Milhouse's texture cache database tool, except that lets me view and delete tags?

Thanks for any help!
See Managing Tags here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_library_tags
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I didn't have a menu item that opened ``ActivateWindow(Videos,library://video/,return)`` so I created one and got to the tag manager or whatever. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to list tags that are created but not added to any content. So, I added one of my `junk` tags to a tv show, and then selected Remove from library which is supposed to "Removes the tag from all titles that contain it, then deletes the tag. The user will be prompted to confirm whether the tag should really be removed. It does not delete any titles from the library, only the tag attached to the title." I got no prompt to confirm, it did not remove the tag from the tv show I added it to, and it did not remove the tag from the library. So, to be sure it wasn't a skin problem I changed my skin to Estuary and went through the whole thing again. And unfortunately got the same result. So, it seems the tag function "Remove from library" is broken.
I modified the aeon.nox.silvo skin menu to my liking but I didn't change any of its' code. I also haven't touched Estuary, it is vanilla, and I haven't modified Kodi's source in any way. Creating tags and smart playlists is hardly the type of `fiddling` that could break anything. Neither is configuring menu items using the skins own settings.

While the tag-related function Remove from library is broken, I found that if I add an unused tag to a tv show and then use Remove from tv shows and unselect it from everything there, it does actually remove the tag from the tv show and the library.

Edit: @Karellen How come you deleted the post this was in reply to?
(2020-04-23, 05:17)teriyaki Wrote: So, it seems the tag function "Remove from library" is broken.
Yes, it looks like you are right. The "Remove from Library" option does nothing.

Can you open a new Issue report and I will confirm your findings... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues

All you can do for now is use the "Remove Movies" option and remove all your movies from the unwanted tag.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-04-23, 06:04)teriyaki Wrote: Edit: @Karellen How come you deleted the post this was in reply to?
Because I tested the wrong option, so my original post was incorrect and I updated it. Sorry.
My Signature
It doesn't work in version 17.6 either, so it has been broken for a while, but nobody has noticed or notified us.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do you delete unwanted user-defined tags?!0