CINEMA (only for 16x9)
Ok....had a chance to play with it, and these are my thoughts:

1) In terms of a concept it's great. The thought put behind the images is good and I think that the whole skin has been very considered...it's a great start. You do need to state, however that it's primarily for 1080. I have a 16x9 SD 28" Widescreen TV and I doubted that this will run very well....it did run, but it was a little slow in transitions, etc.

2) The biggest hurdle for me, is that it's all very confusing. I know that 45% angles for navigation and on home it seems to work...from that point on though it's very confusing and I got lost on a couple of points.

3) I could not force Library mode in music.

4) I could not force library mode on movies. All I seem to got was filemode, which was hugely annoying to begin with

5) Both your views really are not that useable at this early stage. I can see the appreciation for something different, but when dealing with angles you need to understand that people will get confused whether they should be clicking up/down or left/right. This got me a few times

6) There are some animations on your somewhat-unique coverflow views...the new focus popped up before the small non-focus version of covers / posters had moved into place.

This is really as far as I got. If I'm being honest at this stage, I would summarise the following: It's a really unusual concept that grabbed my attention from the outset. However, the navigation and lack of library support ended up with me getting frustrated with the skin...and this is not a good platform to begin a new skin with. You will want to draw people in and not push them away.

Hope this helps, and dont let it deter you. Take everyones thoughts and start to look at a good concept and try to improve from this point on.
Little update - 1 new view (FINAL FOR 16x9)
DOWNLOAD (relaplace CINEMA folder)
Mikebeecham thank you for a review. I do not know how to do a library - I do not use it and not able - consequently I will not be able to do it - if anybody would help me. Many errors are corrected in an update. Try and use.
It would handy from a users persepctive to include a list of what errors to address when to post an update. Screenshots would also be handy as well.
Question 
@hamp, please let us know if you plan on open sourcing your skin(s) and if so if you would like to join the official XBMC Skinning Project (a sub-project of XBMC for skinners and their open source skins).

As long agree to not violate any copyrights and you promise to ask before you modify anyone else's skin in the SVN (or wait until a other skinning have asked you for help with their skin before you do any changes to their skins in the SVN) then register an account on SourceForge.net if you do not already have one and then PM myself with the username so I can add you to the project with full write access to the projects SVN, free file hosting for your skins, and the trackers (for bugs, patches and requests).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
told ya! He couldn't help himself hamp!!!
Of course I did Wink ...what is the point of making closed source skins for an open source media center?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
This skin looks nice and crisp. Looking forward to it.
Team Blackbolt - Digital Design
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
What xbmc t3ch version would make this skin usable?I would just put a old version in apps and use it....I remember seeing a thread that said something about changing a skin to take away the compatible issue(can't find it now).Any suggestions?
hamp Wrote:I do not know how to do a library - I do not use it and not able.
What problems are you encountering, and how can we help?
I'm getting the"need a skin 2.0 or higher"......
Rookie Wrote:I'm getting the"need a skin 2.0 or higher"......

Sounds like you have an old version of xbmc to me, if you are running the stable release 2.01, it's very old now and you'd be well advised to upgrade.

Best policy is to run the latest t3ch version (usually i can't wait to dive in, but you might like to wait a few days after release to see if any show stopping bugs have crept in)

Shorty
Well I feel very stupid(for a good reason).I put the folder in skins but did put the root skin folder.I put the whole thing on wich also had a os build in it also.But thanks for the help.I will pay more attention and keep the forums from getting clogged from dumb questions.Nod

But since I am already here.......could anyone link me to a forum on how to operate library mode.All I get when I try and go there is no scanned media.Thanks.Skin looks very nice,even better on my T.V!!!Wink
Rookie Wrote:Well I feel very stupid(for a good reason).I put the folder in skins but did put the root skin folder.I put the whole thing on wich also had a os build in it also.But thanks for the help.I will pay more attention and keep the forums from getting clogged from dumb questions.Nod

But since I am already here.......could anyone link me to a forum on how to operate library mode.All I get when I try and go there is no scanned media.Thanks.Skin looks very nice,even better on my T.V!!!Wink

hey there, sorry for how this might come out, but instead of saying stuff like "sorry for the dumb questions, I will pay better attention..." why don't you try to look this stuff up first and not ask the questions to begin with... for example you are now asking for help with library mode, why don't you just google "library mode xbmc" or something of that nature... It's quite easy to do and just takes a bit (but not much) of common sense.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CINEMA (only for 16x9)0