Missing dependency in colorpicker helper if you want to edit colors.
Hi, I just went to edit the colors in the skin and was prompted to install script.skin.helper.colorpicker so I did. When I tried to edit the colors again I got an error in the logs that "ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'kodi_six'". It seems script.skin.helper.colorpicker is missing an <import addon="script.module.kodi-six" /> in its' addon.xml..

There's a python3 version available in git but you'll have to apply a small fix:
Code:
diff -pruN --no-dereference a/script.skin.helper.colorpicker/default.py b/script.skin.helper.colorpicker/default.py
--- a/script.skin.helper.colorpicker/default.py 2020-04-24 22:20:16.968413162 -0700
+++ b/script.skin.helper.colorpicker/default.py 2020-04-24 22:20:55.769438169 -0700
@@ -1,7 +1,7 @@
 #!/usr/bin/python
 # -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

-from kodi_six import xbmc, xbmcaddon, xbmcgui
+import xbmc, xbmcaddon, xbmcgui
 import resources.lib.ColorPicker as cp

ADDON_ID = "script.skin.helper.colorpicker"
Hi! I know this is an old post but i am running in to problems installing colorpicker due to dependencies and came across this. I have no idea what this means or what to do with this however. 
Is there a way to get colorpicker to work on kodi 18? I am using Bingie skin if that matters.
(2022-12-26, 17:30)teszey Wrote: Hi! I know this is an old post but i am running in to problems installing colorpicker due to dependencies and came across this. I have no idea what this means or what to do with this however. 
Is there a way to get colorpicker to work on kodi 18? I am using Bingie skin if that matters.
Please enable debug-level logging in Kodi, restart and try to install colorpicker then upload your log to paste.kodi.tv and share the link here.  In general if you get a "fail to install dependency" error it could be a Kodi file mirrors access issue that will go away if you try again a few minutes later.  The required modules for Kodi Leia/18 should all be in the mirrors.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing dependency in colorpicker helper if you want to edit colors.0