Correct Kodi Interface Settings for NAS MySQL user
Hi @DanCooper 

Please could I double check that I have the correct settings in Ember for the Kodi Interface to work for my NAS MySQL set up.

Basic info:
  1. All media files stored on NAS
  2. Kodi database managed by MySQL on the NAS
Desired output from Ember to Kodi:
  1. If NFOs are updated in EMBER and I run update library, new values from the NFO (e.g. rating, top 250) are "immediately" reflected in Kodi
  2. For movie set artwork, NFOs are created and the artwork stored in folder on NAS which Kodi has access to.  Artwork and NFO information is "immediately reflected in Kodi
Kodi Interface Setup:

This is the piece I think I have wrong for the above setup to work.  Kodi IP is set to localhost and test successfully.  Should this not be the address of the SQL database?
Kodi MovieSet Artwork  Folder: nfs address of volume on NAS that Kodi has access to.  Seems to work when saving images using EMBER to scrape and save.
Read from Kodi Sources, pulls in the shared network drives (NAS volumes) of where the media is stored and the Kodi source has the correct nfs address.

MovieSets Settings:

Under movie settings, I have checked the "save extended collection information".
In MovieSets settings, I have not checked the "remove images and NFOs with MovieSets"
File Naming - Kodi - checked the image types and want and put the nfs address of the movie set artwork folder.
I also have MSAA, so have that enabled in File Naming - Kodi Addons, again with checked images required and the same path as above.
[correction] - If I have the nfs address of the movie set artwork folder in film naming, EMBER hangs after when trying to save down the images.  If I make this address the network shared folder (e.g. v:\movie\Movie Set Artwork), then images are saved fine (although it seems that only one of the file naming can be used, either Kodi or Kodi Addons, or the program will hang).  However, no NFO seems to be created/saved in the MovieSet artwork folder...
(2020-04-23, 17:00)Hairy Hippy Wrote: Hi @DanCooper 

Please could I double check that I have the correct settings in Ember for the Kodi Interface to work for my NAS MySQL set up.

Basic info:
  1. All media files stored on NAS
  2. Kodi database managed by MySQL on the NAS
Desired output from Ember to Kodi:
  1. If NFOs are updated in EMBER and I run update library, new values from the NFO (e.g. rating, top 250) are "immediately" reflected in Kodi
  2. For movie set artwork, NFOs are created and the artwork stored in folder on NAS which Kodi has access to.  Artwork and NFO information is "immediately reflected in Kodi
Kodi Interface Setup:

This is the piece I think I have wrong for the above setup to work.  Kodi IP is set to localhost and test successfully.  Should this not be the address of the SQL database?
Kodi MovieSet Artwork  Folder: nfs address of volume on NAS that Kodi has access to.  Seems to work when saving images using EMBER to scrape and save.
Read from Kodi Sources, pulls in the shared network drives (NAS volumes) of where the media is stored and the Kodi source has the correct nfs address.

MovieSets Settings:

Under movie settings, I have checked the "save extended collection information".
In MovieSets settings, I have not checked the "remove images and NFOs with MovieSets"
File Naming - Kodi - checked the image types and want and put the nfs address of the movie set artwork folder.
I also have MSAA, so have that enabled in File Naming - Kodi Addons, again with checked images required and the same path as above.
[correction] - If I have the nfs address of the movie set artwork folder in film naming, EMBER hangs after when trying to save down the images.  If I make this address the network shared folder (e.g. v:\movie\Movie Set Artwork), then images are saved fine (although it seems that only one of the file naming can be used, either Kodi or Kodi Addons, or the program will hang).  However, no NFO seems to be created/saved in the MovieSet artwork folder... 
I give a try to how it works.

Ember communicate with Kodi, and Ember don't know or care where Kodis DB is located or it's flavour, thats Kodis problem to handle
Both Ember and Kodi shall have there sources setup the same way and those is matched is Embers KI setting page

Movie sets have to be configured in 2 places in Ember, 1.. movie sets tab, to be able to save and show them, 2.. the same path in KI settings, to communicate with Kodi

For me this have been rock solid for years and everything is instantly visible in Kodi
And Kodi must of o/c be running then syncing from Ember
The Moviset path in the KI Host settings has to be something like smb://SERVER/SHARE_PATH
(2020-04-24, 00:26)DanCooper Wrote: The Moviset path in the KI Host settings has to be something like smb://SERVER/SHARE_PATH

Hi Dan - So not nfs://192.168.0.100/volume1/videos/movie/moviesetartwork?

Are NFOs not created for MovieSets?

Also in the in the KI host, what IP should I have?  I tried to put the same as those in the advancesettings (kodi file) but it won't connect:

<advancedsettings>
  <videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.0.100</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>kodi</user>
(2020-04-24, 19:39)Hairy Hippy Wrote:
(2020-04-24, 00:26)DanCooper Wrote: The Moviset path in the KI Host settings has to be something like smb://SERVER/SHARE_PATH

Hi Dan - So not nfs://192.168.0.100/volume1/videos/movie/moviesetartwork?

Are NFOs not created for MovieSets?

Also in the in the KI host, what IP should I have?  I tried to put the same as those in the advancesettings (kodi file) but it won't connect:

<advancedsettings>
  <videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.0.100</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>kodi</user>  
As I tried to explain before, Ember doesn't write directly to the DB, that's Kodis job to handle

My setup is as follows
Ember on an Win10 PC
Kodi on an Shield
All files on an NAS
In my KI I have the IP to the Shield (and you need to actvate webserver and app access rights in Kodi)

Edit: And no movie set nfo, if you have an overview in Movieset tab that goes to to the individual movies .nfo in the <set> tag
(2020-04-24, 19:39)Hairy Hippy Wrote: Hi Dan - So not nfs://192.168.0.100/volume1/videos/movie/moviesetartwork?
Depends on your server settings. If you use nfs than you have to set it to nfs, otherwise its smb. Both works with the KI.

(2020-04-24, 19:39)Hairy Hippy Wrote: Are NFOs not created for MovieSets?
No. Atm no media center reads movieset NFOs. If you work with one of the latest Kodi versions (v16 or newer) you should enable "Settings => Movies => Scraper-Data => Collections => Save extended movie set information ..." to also save the movieset plot into the movie NFOs.

(2020-04-24, 19:39)Hairy Hippy Wrote: Also in the in the KI host, what IP should I have?  I tried to put the same as those in the advancesettings (kodi file) but it won't connect:
As @T-bird_se said: The IP of a running Kodi that has access to your SQL database and also has enabled the webservices in the settings.
Great, thank you both!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Correct Kodi Interface Settings for NAS MySQL user0