Video Resume Point Explaination
Hi,

Been using kodi for a few years and i sync all my devices via a MySQL database hosted on a NAS.
I was wondering how does Kodi track and record the resume point of a Video?

Reason i am asking is, i would like to create a web page that i can pull all my files up and where the watch point is up to.
The video database table 'bookmark' will contain two fields for each paused video file:
timeInSeconds and totalTimeInSeconds.
(2020-04-24, 23:04)Klojum Wrote: The video database table 'bookmark' will contain two fields for each paused video file:
timeInSeconds and totalTimeInSeconds.
Thanks for your reply.

Are you able to explain to me, which columns speak to what tables to link it to the file name of the video i am playing ... if that makes seance.
(2020-04-24, 23:11)Fallen Soull Wrote: which columns speak to what tables to link it to the file name of the video i am playing

Not filename, but the file's id.
(2020-04-24, 23:17)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-04-24, 23:11)Fallen Soull Wrote: which columns speak to what tables to link it to the file name of the video i am playing

Not filename, but the file's id.
Thank you once again. This is good and all makes sense now.

Appreciate your time as well Smile
Just another question you maybe able to assist me on.
When i run the following query it will only list information that has a bookmark time:
sql:
SELECT fl.strFilename AS "Video", fl.playCount AS "Play Count", fl.lastPlayed AS "Last Played", bm.timeInSeconds /60 AS "Current Play Time"
FROM Kodi116.files fl
JOIN Kodi116.bookmark bm ON fl.idFile = bm.idFile

How can i get this to display the information of the videos that do not have a book mark and return the value of either NULL or N\A[/font]
(2020-04-25, 00:25)Fallen Soull Wrote: Reason i am asking is, i would like to create a web page that i can pull all my files up and where the watch point is up to.
How can i get this to display the information of the videos that do not have a book mark and return the value of either NULL or N\A

Do you want ALL videos in a list, including the bookmarked ones, or just the bookmarks?
All of them means you'll need an OUTER JOIN.
(2020-04-25, 05:59)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-04-25, 00:25)Fallen Soull Wrote: Reason i am asking is, i would like to create a web page that i can pull all my files up and where the watch point is up to.
How can i get this to display the information of the videos that do not have a book mark and return the value of either NULL or N\A

Do you want ALL videos in a list, including the bookmarked ones, or just the bookmarks?
All of them means you'll need an OUTER JOIN.  
Thanks again for your reply. Sorry i didn't see it earlier, as i didn't get the email.

Either way, i worked it out. OUTER JOIN doesn't seem to work with my server and i used LEFT JOIN which does the same thing.

Just encase some one else is interested. I will past my code here:

sql:
SELECT fl.strFilename, IFNULL(fl.playCount,'-') AS playCount, fl.lastPlayed, ROUND(IFNULL(bm.timeInSeconds, 0) /60, 2 ) AS "progress"
FROM files fl
LEFT JOIN bookmark bm ON fl.idFile = bm.idFile
WHERE fl.strFilename NOT LIKE "episode%"
ORDER BY fl.strFilename

Which results in this view:

And to make it more appealing, i created a website that reads this information and comes out like this.

Unfortunately photo bucket now watermarks stuff -_- shows how old i am Tongue
LEFT..RIGHT... I always mix those two up. In SQL queries, that is. Smile

If you want to share pics/images/photos here, use the i-button in the editor menu.
It will auto-upload the pics to imgur.com and create a link. Plain and simple.

For diverse types of code, use the </> syntax-tag in the editor menu bar.
Then enter the type of syntax if you want color coding.

And I removed your Kodi116 database name, it's not the default name.
(2020-04-25, 12:10)Klojum Wrote: LEFT..RIGHT... I always mix those two up. In SQL queries, that is. Smile

If you want to share pics/images/photos here, use the i-button in the editor menu.
It will auto-upload the pics to imgur.com and create a link. Plain and simple.

For diverse types of code, use the </> syntax-tag in the editor menu bar.
Then enter the type of syntax if you want color coding.

And I removed your Kodi116 database name, it's not the default name.
Thanks. I will keep this all in mind for any other posts Smile
Right now, you will get both movies and tvshows mixed in that listing.
You'll have to smarten up your query if you want only movies or tvshows.
(2020-04-25, 13:36)Klojum Wrote: Right now, you will get both movies and tvshows mixed in that listing.
You'll have to smarten up your query if you want only movies or tvshows.

Due to how I name my shows episodes. I am able to eliminate them from populating my movies list by using the where clause.
sql:
WHERE strFilename NOT LIKE "episode%"

However, this will make it most likely more complicated when i go to do the list up for shows.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Resume Point Explaination0