• 1(current)
Release Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later)
Audio Profiles is a Kodi addon to help you easily switch between certain audio and video settings in Kodi.

Features
  • save up to ten different profiles (four for versions before 2.x) that include the settings from System/Audio, System/Display (optional), Player/Videos (optional), and the Kodi volume.
  • send an HDMI-CEC command when a profile is activated (Toggle State, Standby, or Wakeup)
  • switch between profiles using different keymaps for each profile
  • rotate through profiles using a single keymap
  • select a profile using a pop up dialog box
  • option to automatically select a profile based on media playing
  • option to auto switch based on codec kind and channel count (for videos only)
  • option to load a profile when Kodi starts
  • popup menu has skin specific look and feel for Ace2, Aeon MQ8, Aeon Nox Silvo, Aeon Tajo, Amber, AppTV, Aura, Arctic Horizon,  Arctic Zephyr2Bello 7, Box, Confluence, Embuary, Eminence, Estuary, fTV, Pellucid, Quartz, Rapier,  Revolve, Transparency, Unity, and Xperience1080

It appears that the current version of Audio Profiles (1.2) has been abandoned.  It only sort of works in Kodi 18, and not at all in Kodi 19.  I've agreed to take on maintenance of the addon and have started this new thread to support the newer versions for Kodi 18 and later.  Version 1.2 will continue to work for Kodi 17 and earlier, but I'm not really going to be supporting it.

Instructions for usage are available from the Kodi wiki page for the addon at:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Audio_Profiles

As of April 30, 2020 the addon is available in main addon repo for Kodi 18 (Leia) and Kodi 19 (Matrix) under program addons.

Just one last note.  If you installed the notoco repo during the time the addon was living there, you can delete that repo, as it isn't being used anymore.
[reserved for future use]
Thank for your hard work
Personal thanks from me as well @pkscout, this is one of the few addons have installed on my real life Kodi setup. My family use it almost every day to switch audio between TV use (for video) and Hifi (for music) . Glad that you have taken on the conversion and maintenance for v19.
New Beta

v.1.4.2~beta6 (1.4.102~beta6 for Matrix)
- fix for keymap option to pop up dialog not working

I got a report that the ability to pop up the selection dialog from a mapped key wasn't working, so that's fixed. Dialog behavior is dependent on a bunch of things, so it's probably worth explaining.  The new beta is available from my beta repo.  There is information on the Audio Profiles wiki page (link in my sig or the first post) on how to download that if you need to.

Save Dialog
The save dialog box is brought up when you run the addon from the Program Addons area. Once that opens, it will not close until you either make a selection or dismiss it.

Profile Selection Dialog
This is the complicated one.
  1. If you use a keymap to bring up the dialog box in the main interface (i.e. not playing music or videos), it will stay open until you make a selection or dismiss it.
  2. If you have enabled the option to open the selection dialog when playback starts, then you'll get that menu when playback starts. And it will just sit there and wait until you select something, you dismiss it, or playback stops.
  3. If you have scenario #2 and then bring up the selection dialog using a keymap, same rules. It sits until you select something, dismiss it, or playback stops.
  4. If you enable the auto close option with the selection dialog when playback starts, then it will sit there until you make a choice, the time runs out (set that in settings), or playback stops.
  5. If you have scenario  #4 and bring up the selection dialog using a keymap, same rules. It sits until you select something, time runs out, or playback stops.
See? Clear as mud.  Wink

Basically when your in the Kodi interface, dialog boxes never disappear on their own. When playing media they honor the auto close setting, but only if you enabled the dialog box to pop up at the beginning.

Nope. That didn't help.  Still clear as mud.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Just a small thing ...i'm a bit curious

there some words already translated in strings.po but plugin shows old translation

Notifications already translated to Notifiche but still shows Notifications

Instead this line show updated translation

#: Settings
msgctxt "#32012"
msgid "Include display settings"
msgstr "Includi impostazioni display"
(2020-04-27, 14:59)Roby77 Wrote: Just a small thing ...i'm a bit curious

there some words already translated in strings.po but plugin shows old translation

Notifications already translated to Notifiche but still shows Notifications

Instead this line show updated translation

#: Settings
msgctxt "#32012"
msgid "Include display settings"
msgstr "Includi impostazioni display"
Thanks for pointing this out.  For the Notifications one, I found the problem.  Notifications is actually translated twice in two different entries, and the Italian language file only had one of them.  I've fixed that.  I probably won't release a new beta unless other folks find issues that need to be fixed, as I'm planning to submit this to the main repo for review tomorrow.

Are you saying you are also seeing the English phrase "Include display settings" on your Kodi setup instead of the Italian?  I switched to Italian and checked, and the only English entry I had was the Notifications was that I just fixed.

I also went through all the other language files to make sure they're OK (they were).
No Sorry 32012 it's correct (was an example of a correct and updated translation ).

Instead

Code:
msgctxt "Addon Summary"
msgid "Save audio profile and easily switch between them"
msgstr "Salva il profilo audio e cambia facilmente [b]da uno all'altro[/b]"

In italian I see old translation (that was "Salva il profilo audio e cambia facilmente tra di loro ")

BTW no problem I was only curious Wink
(2020-04-28, 00:21)Roby77 Wrote: No Sorry 32012 it's correct (was an example of a correct and updated translation ).

Instead
Code:
msgctxt "Addon Summary"
msgid "Save audio profile and easily switch between them"
msgstr "Salva il profilo audio e cambia facilmente [b]da uno all'altro[/b]"

In italian I see old translation (that was "Salva il profilo audio e cambia facilmente tra di loro ")

BTW no problem I was only curious Wink 
Thanks.  The addon summary and description translations are handled in the addon.xml file now, and those hadn't been updated.  I updated them, so the description should show up when I do another update.
Just to let everyone know, 1.4.2 (Kodi 18 Leia) and 1.4.102 (Kodi 19 Matrix) have both been pushed to the main Kodi repo. The Leia version may already be available, and the Matrix one should be there in another day or two. If you installed my beta repo, I'd encourage you to uninstall it, as that repo sometimes has unstable versions of code I'm testing.  My next project for Audio Profiles is to go through all the code and refactor it so it's more in line with the coding style of my other addons (that makes it easier for me to maintain).  I'll continue monitoring this thread, so if there are bugs in 1.4.2 (and there probably will be) I'll fix them.  I probably won't consider any feature requests for awhile, as I'm still learning exactly what the code does.
In the last beta version and the stable version from the kodi repository, there was an error opposite to the one I reported to you on gihub. This time the source change works only in GUI. If I call him during playback nothing happens. But after leaving the movie and going to the GUI, a message appears that the source has changed and the change is taking place. Currently, to make sense using the plugin, I start the film and only check the quality of the sound. I leave the movie, set the source and start again.
I don't remember the quality of the movies, the same as in the Netflix add-on - only after playing can I see if the sound is in 5.1 or not.
(2020-04-30, 20:37)tomasiek Wrote: In the last beta version and the stable version from the kodi repository, there was an error opposite to the one I reported to you on gihub. This time the source change works only in GUI. If I call him during playback nothing happens. But after leaving the movie and going to the GUI, a message appears that the source has changed and the change is taking place. Currently, to make sense using the plugin, I start the film and only check the quality of the sound. I leave the movie, set the source and start again.
I don't remember the quality of the movies, the same as in the Netflix add-on - only after playing can I see if the sound is in 5.1 or not.
I'm able to duplicate this, so let me take a look.  Seems like the 1.4.3 beta may start earlier than I planned.  Big Grin
New Beta

v.1.4.3~beta1 (Leia) and v.1.4.103~beta1 (Matrix)
- fix for switch dialog box not switching profiles during playback

The beta is available via my beta repo.  There are instructions on the Audio Profiles wiki page (see my sig for a link) with instructions on how to download the beta repo for either Leia or Matrix.
Now it works perfectly.
(2020-05-01, 06:36)tomasiek Wrote: Now it works perfectly.

Thanks for letting me know. The Kodi folks don't like having lots of updates to stuff in the main repo, so it'll be awhile (at least a couple weeks) before this gets there. At least the bug was only affecting a certain subset of the functionality, which isn't much comfort when it's the subset you're using.  But still.  '-)
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later)0