• 2(current)
Release Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later)
Hi, could you please so kindly to suggest where in the code I can edit to obtain a faster autclose of notify popup ?
Due to volume settings popup + profile load popup it takes more time to autoclose.

Sorry to bother you for such a stupid thing Wink
New Beta Available

v.1.4.3~beta3 (for Leia) and v 1.4.103~beta3 (for Matrix)
- fix for GUI profile auto loading during playback if you skip to next item
- added option to change amount of time notification window shows

@Roby77, there is now an option under the one to enable the notification popups to set the amount of time the pop up notification will show.  The default is 5 seconds, but you can set it anywhere between 1 and 30 seconds (basically the same time options you have for the profile switch menu).
@pkscout works perfectyl! thank you
(2020-04-25, 00:27)pkscout Wrote: Current Beta Information

Hi. I made a spanish translation.

You can use it for every spanish language in kodi [ Spanish / Spanish (Argentina) / Spanish (Mexico) ]

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...9799355715

BTW, I use this add on to have a pop up when kodi starts that let me select which profile to use for the entire kodi session. I remember I had to do some manual editing of add on, cause this option wasnt in settings. It is available now? It will be great.

Thanks
(2020-05-02, 22:16)trihy Wrote:

You can use it for every spanish language in kodi [ Spanish / Spanish (Argentina) / Spanish (Mexico) ]

BTW, I use this add on to have a pop up when kodi starts that let me select which profile to use for the entire kodi session. I remember I had to do some manual editing of add on, cause this option wasnt in settings. It is available now? It will be great.

Thanks   
Thanks.  I'll add the translations to one of the next betas (I pushed one out about 5 minutes ago, so it won't be in 1.4.3~beta4).

The addon currently doesn't have an option to popup a dialog box when Kodi starts, but I have an idea on how to do it. In fact, I may add the ability for any of the auto switch types to have popup as an option.  I'm currently working on a pretty big rewrite to get some other back end issues cleaned up, and I'll add this to the list.

In the meantime, I think if you add this to the Kodi autoexec.py it will pop up a dialog at Kodi startup:

python:

import xmbc
xbmc.executebuiltin('RunScript(script.audio.profiles,popup)')

If you don't have an autoexec.py, you can create in the /<Kodi data directory>/userdata  (where the Kodi data directory is depends on platform) .
New Beta Available

v.1.4.3~beta4 (Leia) and v.1.4.103~beta4 (Matrix)
- fix for crash when settings are changed

Available in my beta addon repo as usual.
New Beta Available

v.1.4.3~beta5 (Leia) and v.1.4.103~beta5 (Matrix)
- added Spanish translation files

Available in my beta addon repo as usual.
(2020-05-03, 00:13)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-05-02, 22:16)trihy Wrote:

Thanks    
Thanks.  I'll add the translations to one of the next betas (I pushed one out about 5 minutes ago, so it won't be in 1.4.3~beta4).

The addon currently doesn't have an option to popup a dialog box when Kodi starts, but I have an idea on how to do it. In fact, I may add the ability for any of the auto switch types to have popup as an option.  I'm currently working on a pretty big rewrite to get some other back end issues cleaned up, and I'll add this to the list.

In the meantime, I think if you add this to the Kodi autoexec.py it will pop up a dialog at Kodi startup:

python:

import xmbc
xbmc.executebuiltin('RunScript(script.audio.profiles,popup)')

If you don't have an autoexec.py, you can create in the /<Kodi data directory>/userdata  (where the Kodi data directory is depends on platform) . 

Hi. Thanks. Yes, that way works fine. Will save it for future kodi installs.
New ALPHA available

All, I've got an early version of Audio Profiles 2.0.0 available if anyone wants to test it.  It's working OK in my test environment, and I'd like to make it available for others to test.  You will need to download a zip to install it, as I didn't want to push this out to anyone without notice.

https://github.com/pkscout/script.audio....s/releases

It's backwards compatible with AP 1.4.x, so if something happens, you can uninstall it and reinstall 1.4.x from the repo without any problem.

There are a bunch of changes to the way the code flows and interacts, but let's be honest.  Most of you probably don't care about that.  '-)  Here are the new user facing features:
  • There's more granular control over notifications - you can now enable/disable auto switch, manual switch, and "maintenance" (i.e. saves and errors) notifications separately.
  • In addition to having the profile select menu show whenever you start playing something, you can now set that for only certain media types (and at Kodi start up). If you look at the Autoswitch settings, "select menu" will now be in that list of rotating options.
  • PVR recordings are now treated the same as live PVR streams (previously they were considered videos not in your library).
  • The select/save menu look has changed.
  • There are some new options (in the NOTIFICATIONS section) to allow you to change the behavior of the select menu.  By default, the option "use custom select menu" is enabled.  If you disable that, Audio Profiles will use the built in Kodi select dialog.  How that looks will vary based on skin, and in my tests it looked fine and in others their choices on how to do select dialogs meant it made less sense to me.  If you leave "use custom select menu" enabled, there is an option below it (also on by default) called "match select menu to skin when possible." With this enabled, Audio Profiles will use a skin specific menu that matches the skin.  If there is no matching skin file, you'll get the default custom select menu.  Currently the skin specific file only available for Estuary (and any Estuary mod), but I can add skin files as requested.
Reminder that this is an EARLY TEST RELEASE and not production ready.  I'm still trying to get the settings organized the way I'd like, and the translation files aren't up-to-date anymore (I've added some new English language strings).  Features available now may not make it into the final release.  Just as an FYI, the next thing I'm looking into is to auto switch profiles based on the type of audio in the audio stream (this is a particular need of mine).  I have no idea if it's doable, but I'm gonna see.
(2020-05-05, 01:58)pkscout Wrote: New ALPHA available
(...) the next thing I'm looking into is to auto switch profiles based on the type of audio in the audio stream (this is a particular need of mine).  I have no idea if it's doable, but I'm gonna see.
Quick tests before leaving for work - works. New dialogs are great, there is a choice of native skins - a revelation. "The next thing" - is what this plug is missing. I have 2-3 camera streams where I have to change settings every time ... Of course, it would be worth doing that if a stream is detected, e.g. 5.1 asks whether to change the audio profile.
New Alpha Release

v.2.0.0~alpha3 (Leia) and v.2.0.100~alpha3 (Matrix)
- custom skin menu is now centered on screen no matter how many profiles are active
- added support for up to 10 audio profiles
- added auto switching by codec kind and channel count (for videos only)
- substantially reorganized settings

As with the last one, this is available as a zip from the Github releases page.

https://github.com/pkscout/script.audio....s/releases

I noticed someone in the original Audio Profiles thread had asked about support for more profiles.  Even though that was before I took over, ask and you shall receive.  If you need more than 10 audio profiles, you probably need to talk to someone about that.  '-)  With the additional profile support, any setting you had in auto switching that used the Select Menu option had to change.  The script goes through at startup and makes an attempt to fix those, but if you used to see "Select Menu" as your selected option but now see "Profile 5" you just need to reselect "Select Menu" and you should be good.

As mentioned above, the settings menu has been substantially reorganized to make room for 6 more profiles plus the auto switching by codec options.  No old settings have changed, but you will have some new options you might want to explore.  With the increased number of profile options, I also changed the settings to use a select dialog box rather than the "spinner" that rotates up or down one at a time. I kind of hate the spinner, and it's even worse with lots of options.  I think the select dialog is more clear.

I've made no effort yet to upgrade the non-English language files, so right now if you're using another language that Audio Profiles supports you will see a mix of English and your native language.  If you want to do updated language files, that would be great.  I think the settings are stable enough for that now.  If you do a GitHub pull request, please do it to the next-version branch, NOT master.  Also, one quick note for folks doing translations - the non-English part goes in the msgstr area and the English phrase goes in msgid.  Here's an example:
xml:

#: Settings
msgctxt "#32001"
msgid " Name of profile 1"
msgstr " Nome del Profilo 1"

Another thing. The auto switch settings have a hierarchy (because it's possible to have a video file match multiple things).  Here's how it works:
  1. The codec options ONLY work with video files (this is a Kodi limitation), so if the file playing isn't a video, the old library based content settings are used.
  2. If the codec used by the video file matches one you'd elected to use, Audio Profiles uses that. If there are no matches or you didn't enable any, AP moves on to the next step.
  3. if the number of audio channels matches one of the ones you enabled (stereo or multichannel), Audio Profiles uses that. If there are no matches or you didn't enable any, AP moves on to the next step.
  4. Finally, Audio Profiles uses the old library based content matching options.
Last thing (for now).  It can take a second or two for a video to load enough for Kodi to be able to report the codec/channel information (sometimes longer for streaming files).  By default AP waits 2 seconds before checking the video file, but if you find the codec based matching not working, there is a setting in the codec section to increase the time to wait (I've ended up on 5 seconds to give my Disney+ stuff time to load for instance).  If you aren't going to use the codec matching, you can reduce the time to 1 second just to speed things up a little.
As for auto detecting the number of audio channels. Is it possible for it not to switch automatically, but a window with a selection option and a profile highlighted by default corresponding to the number of channels is displayed? The window would of course close itself if the selection was not confirmed. Sometimes kids watch and I will not turn on the home theater every time when there is 5.1 sound - but it would be nice if after detection 5.1 the window would be showing, giving the possibility of switching. Of course, as an option in Codec detection:
Switch automatically / Display popup

BTW - as always - works great!
Auto audio-offset switching would be great, it's the only thing missing for me although I'm not sure it's possible.
Sorry about translation

Just to be sure

We need to edit English strings.po instead of old Italian string.po ? I ask cause I don't see the new voices in Italian file
(2020-05-06, 14:44)tomasiek Wrote: As for auto detecting the number of audio channels. Is it possible for it not to switch automatically, but a window with a selection option and a profile highlighted by default corresponding to the number of channels is displayed? The window would of course close itself if the selection was not confirmed. Sometimes kids watch and I will not turn on the home theater every time when there is 5.1 sound - but it would be nice if after detection 5.1 the window would be showing, giving the possibility of switching. Of course, as an option in Codec detection:
Switch automatically / Display popup

BTW - as always - works great!
You can do 90% of this already.  If you look at the autoswitch options, one of this is "Select menu." If you pair that with the option to autoclose the select menu, then you'll get most of what you describe.  The only thing it doesn't do is pre-select an option.  I'll look to see if I can add that and not have the settings become more complicated than they already are.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later)0