Release Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later)
New ALPHA available

All, I've got an early version of Audio Profiles 2.0.0 available if anyone wants to test it.  It's working OK in my test environment, and I'd like to make it available for others to test.  You will need to download a zip to install it, as I didn't want to push this out to anyone without notice.

https://github.com/pkscout/script.audio....s/releases

It's backwards compatible with AP 1.4.x, so if something happens, you can uninstall it and reinstall 1.4.x from the repo without any problem.

There are a bunch of changes to the way the code flows and interacts, but let's be honest.  Most of you probably don't care about that.  '-)  Here are the new user facing features:
  • There's more granular control over notifications - you can now enable/disable auto switch, manual switch, and "maintenance" (i.e. saves and errors) notifications separately.
  • In addition to having the profile select menu show whenever you start playing something, you can now set that for only certain media types (and at Kodi start up). If you look at the Autoswitch settings, "select menu" will now be in that list of rotating options.
  • PVR recordings are now treated the same as live PVR streams (previously they were considered videos not in your library).
  • The select/save menu look has changed.
  • There are some new options (in the NOTIFICATIONS section) to allow you to change the behavior of the select menu.  By default, the option "use custom select menu" is enabled.  If you disable that, Audio Profiles will use the built in Kodi select dialog.  How that looks will vary based on skin, and in my tests it looked fine and in others their choices on how to do select dialogs meant it made less sense to me.  If you leave "use custom select menu" enabled, there is an option below it (also on by default) called "match select menu to skin when possible." With this enabled, Audio Profiles will use a skin specific menu that matches the skin.  If there is no matching skin file, you'll get the default custom select menu.  Currently the skin specific file only available for Estuary (and any Estuary mod), but I can add skin files as requested.
Reminder that this is an EARLY TEST RELEASE and not production ready.  I'm still trying to get the settings organized the way I'd like, and the translation files aren't up-to-date anymore (I've added some new English language strings).  Features available now may not make it into the final release.  Just as an FYI, the next thing I'm looking into is to auto switch profiles based on the type of audio in the audio stream (this is a particular need of mine).  I have no idea if it's doable, but I'm gonna see.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later) - by pkscout - 2020-05-05, 01:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later)0