Release Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later)
(2020-08-08, 20:55)mblovell Wrote: Thanks for this addon, @pkscout!  I run kodi via CoreELEC on an Odroid C2, trying to transition to a C4, and I think I'll need addon for my setup.

Does the addon receive any information regarding channel count at the start of music playback?  I note that your description of codec-based selection is always "video only".

For multi-channel audio (e.g., multi-channel FLAC), I'd like to be able to send the audio via HDMI, whereas all stereo music playback uses the Odroid Hi-Fi Shield.  I have the audio profiles set up nicely for movie playback (really straightforward now!), but stereo vs non-stereo music playback is still a hiccup.  I usually run the Odroid headless so the selection dialog isn't the most useful.  Alternatively, is it possible to select between Audio Profiles using an IR remote?  (I have a Logitech Harmony, so including an extra step for multi-channel playback could be an option.)

Thanks for any advice!
Unfortunately I'm not able to get Kodi to tell me the number of channels in an audio file, at least not that I've found yet.  The call I use for getting the audiostream details of a video file errors out on an audio only file.

You could select an audio profile from an IR remote.  Take a look at the Audio Profiles wiki for the area that talks about switching profiles by keymap.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Audio_Profiles

Basically you'd do that, but rather than a keyboard key, you'd map it to a remote key.  That can sometimes be tricky with a remote, and it depends alot on what kind of remote you have your harmony configured to emulate.  For instance, I have my Harmony setup to emulate a bluetooth keyboard, so my harmony mapping would look difference than someone emulating an MCE remote.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later) - by pkscout - 2020-08-09, 04:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later)0