• 3(current)
xbmc01's "Aeon Lite" - optimised for Xbox
dteirney Wrote:I've got everything working pretty smoothly on the XBox without any memory issues to date. When swiping left and right through the AEON menus the FreeMem bounces between 20 and 30 MB free as the background images load. CPU bounces between 25% and 33%.

I have turned off a lot of the standard server features of XBMC so they don't use any additional memory (based on something I read elsewhere). Hopefully the list of what I've turned off might help some others having memory problems (many of the features are turned on by default).

1) I'm running at 720p (System -> Video Hardware -> Choose 720p). As djh said 1080i just aint going to work.
2) Using 720p backdrops across the board from my Photeon series of abstract photographic backdrops. A single image for each of the menus.
3) UPnP Server turned off (Network -> UPnP Settings -> Unselect "Autostart UPnP Client")
4) If you are connecting to a UPnP Server, then at least consider turning off the UPnP Server on the XBox (Network -> UPnP Settings -> Unselect "Enable UPnP Server")
5) Web Server turned off (Network -> Servers -> Unselect "Enable Web Server")
6) XBox Remote Server turned off (Network -> Remote Events -> Unselect "Enable Remote Events"

Basically the only thing I have left running on the XBox is the FTP Server so I can update XBMC using the T3CH builds and update the fantastic AEON skin.

the main thing about this is that you only have one backdrop per category, from my experience I've always figured that the changing of the backdrops was what caused the most memory usage.

For whatever reason, Aeon never worked for me, not even on my 128mb ram upgrade xbox.
dteirney Wrote:5) Web Server turned off (Network -> Servers -> Unselect "Enable Web Server")
6) XBox Remote Server turned off (Network -> Remote Events -> Unselect "Enable Remote Events"

tried these.... so far, so good ... thanks for sharing!
This may help some. I have had problems with video stuttering ever so slightly on a Sammy 37inch, to fix it I had to force XBMC to run at 1080i, all the problems went away Big Grin
Thumbs Up 
Review:

It is exactly the same as AEON!!! HAHA I guess that was the point!

Seriously I love it. I loved what AEON 'WANTED' to do on my xbox but it was very sluggish... sometimes the picture woudln't load when I moved from one screen to the next or it would hang a bit... *Again, this is my early Generation Xbox's problem... not AEON's...

This is AS FLUID as regular AEON would be on a more powerful machine!

Love it! gonna give xtv a rest for a while and have AEON-LITE as my skin.

thanks!
rudeboyx Wrote:yes whenever i repack pm3 textures or the recent Aeon14 textures i get a few textures that are glitchy must be the addition of more textures to the xpr (ICONS) has made the larger file a bit dicky to use with xprexpress. what do you use djh to compress textures?

rudeboyx,

Any luck getting rid of those glitchy textures?

-Bahndit
I have, just repack it again..
Hello Community,

I created another version of this optimized skin... with even better compression ratios, and still without any notifiable loss of quality, also fixed the top right hand 'Time and Date' bar ... before it was faded out ... now it's back to the classic rounded corner effect found in Aeon.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=952f9...f2c7c48b6e

enjoy Smile
cool thanks bra... always good to hear that updates have arrived...
Ok so i went through the xpr file and i marked each of the textures that are corrupt. I would have fixed them myself but i'm not sure how to extract and rebuild a protected xpr. Listed below are the textures that need fixing.

DefaultActorBig
DefaultAudio
DefaultFolderBack
DefaultFolderBig
DefaultIconBig
DefaultPlaylistBig
DefaultProgram
DefaultProgramBig
DefaultScript
DefaultScriptBig

I'm pretty sure that is all of them. If you get a chance to fix those will you post the new xpr file. I think all you need to post is the xpr files for people to use. Posting the entire skin isn't necessary since the only difference is the xpr file. If however you want to distribute the whole skin i suggest renaming it in the skin.xml(i renamed it to AeonLite) that way people can upload it and choose between Aeon(normal) and AeonLite. I found that to be very helpful when i was trying to debug my patches and when deciding which skin worked better with my setup. (Just a thought)
-D
If you just rename the XPR file to xbox.xpr, you can drop it in the media folder.
Then in Settings, Theme - you can choose which XPR to use.
I was going to fix the broken images in the textures.xpr file for you (and post it here) Can you post an unprotected version of your aeonlite textures.xpr file? Also in your other post you mention that you can have multiple xpr files and then select them from the screen settings page. would it make more sense to have your texture file renamed to AeonLite.xpr and integrated directly into the normal aeon skin, that way people can just select the lite skin without deciding if they need to install the aeon full or aeon lite. It just seems more logical to me.
-D
erm thats what my point was with the settings, theme option.

I've already responded to your other request in your other thread.
The original AEON xpr is unprotected. Just decompile it with the tool mentioned in this thread somewhere.
Well here are the uncorrupted images that are corrupt in the xpr that need to be inserted into your xpr file . Since i'm not exactly sure what you did and to what files i can't use the origional xpr to generate a fixed aeonlite xpr. So i guess you can download these put them in your source dir and regenerate your aeon lite xpr. Let me know if i can help any other way.
-D

http://www.mediafire.com/?zvd4ldjwhwm
darkmadda Wrote:Well here are the uncorrupted images that are corrupt in the xpr that need to be inserted into your xpr file . Since i'm not exactly sure what you did and to what files i can't use the origional xpr to generate a fixed aeonlite xpr. So i guess you can download these put them in your source dir and regenerate your aeon lite xpr. Let me know if i can help any other way.
-D

http://www.mediafire.com/?zvd4ldjwhwm

so the xpr is protected? really? i didn't do that intentionally... i'll generate it later tonight ... thanks for the heads up
Smile 
I've made my xpr and patches available Here

This mod includes:

* Smaller XPR (textures file) for better xbox compatibility (18.1 Mb)
* Fixed weather screen
* Larger font for now playing
* Larger font for bottom dialog
* Startup playlist - See AEON > Settings last two options. Playlists are stored in Q\UserData\playlists

Simply drop the xpr file to the Media folder, and the rest in the 720p folder & restart.
To select the smaller xpr file, go to Screen > Theme and select Aeon Lite (by chrisdaniels)

xpr is unprotected but i cant seem to decompile it after its compiled using XPR Express. Maybe an error with the program.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc01's "Aeon Lite" - optimised for Xbox0