Backend Channel Numbers with more than one PVR?
I'm using two PVRs, IPTV Simple Client  and HDHomerun.... I have backend channel numbers turned on, but if I have both PVR's enabled, my channels default to 1, 2, 3, etc.... I would like them to keep the HDHomerun backend channel numbers, because those are the ones the fiancee and kids know. I don't really care what numbers the IPTV channels are. 

It works as expected when there is only one PVR running. 

I understand there could be collision, but in IPTV PVR Simple Client there is an option for "numbering channels starts at", so shouldn't I be able to put a nice high number that my HDHomerun channels would never get to?  I have tried this and it doesn't seem to make any difference, the channels all get renumbered.
I have tried this with NextPVR and others and I don't get backend numbering when two are running.

Martin
This will not work. It is a feature I would like to implement for Kodi Matrix at some point as an advanced setting. Right now you get the default numbering if there are more than one backends.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
(2020-04-26, 15:14)phunkyfish Wrote: This will not work. It is a feature I would like to implement for Kodi Matrix at some point as an advanced setting. Right now you get the default numbering if there are more than one backends.

That is what I was afraid of. I did a little more digging last night after posting this to see if I could find an answer and that's pretty much what I discovered. Sad

I do think it would be a good option for an advanced setting. Fingers crossed for down the road!
(2020-04-26, 17:35)starslayer74 Wrote:
(2020-04-26, 15:14)phunkyfish Wrote: This will not work. It is a feature I would like to implement for Kodi Matrix at some point as an advanced setting. Right now you get the default numbering if there are more than one backends.

That is what I was afraid of. I did a little more digging last night after posting this to see if I could find an answer and that's pretty much what I discovered. Sad

I do think it would be a good option for an advanced setting. Fingers crossed for down the road! 

I will find the time eventually. My wife also wants this feature Wink
(2020-04-26, 19:24)phunkyfish Wrote: I will find the time eventually. My wife also wants this feature Wink 
+1 It would be nice to enable two PVR's together but this feature keeps me from doing it.  Also I wonder I wonder why backend numbering is not the standard setting with the more complicated Kodi based channel management being Advanced.

Martin
(2020-04-26, 20:23)emveepee Wrote:
(2020-04-26, 19:24)phunkyfish Wrote: I will find the time eventually. My wife also wants this feature Wink 
+1 It would be nice to enable two PVR's together but this feature keeps me from doing it.  Also I wonder I wonder why backend numbering is not the standard setting with the more complicated Kodi based channel management being Advanced.

Martin 
It makes sense to not be a standard feature, because channel # duplication/collision would/could happen. But maybe if there was logic behind it, like give channel # priority to your first PVR (since you can choose their priority anyway)  and make the other channels "xxx.1, xxx.2" like broadcast TV is doing OR just append the channels at the end after the first priority PVR runs out of channel #'s. 

I have heard the argument that channel numbers don't matter but I specifically added a flirc and a remote with number buttons to my system, just for the experience of being able to type my channel that I want to watch (like I did on the old cable box days) - plus, like mentioned above, it makes it more "wife friendly" or family friendly for those of us with families who aren't necessarily as invested with our hobby as we are Big Grin
With grey area IPTV and a ridiculous number of channels with constantly changing channel number maybe shouldn't be standard but for a true PVR experience trying to mimic satellite, cable and OTA use channel numbers are still important.  I agree the number on the provider and the backend doesn't necessary have to match (my FM channels are all FM frequencies) but no matter what client I go to I want them to be synced, whether it is Kodi or another client of the backend

Martin
Users will expect to be able to jump to a channel using its number. That functionality would be broken if if two channels have the same number and you are using the all channels view. For this reason it needs to be an advanced option that is not a default. I will hopefully get around to this before the Matrix release, but it's at the bottom of my list currently.
I will agree that jumping by channel number is important but Kodi overriding the backup order just does not seem correct.   I don't think the default PVR setup options should not be designed for users with two PVR addons which in itself implies expert mode because from my support perspective it is not something I see often.

Martin
Bit of a hack, but I'vre got around the issue by running multiple STB's through NPVR and then using that as the sole PVR backend for Kodi. Requires a fair bit of technical knowledge to do though, so depends where you are on that score...
In the latest version of kodi Matrix this is now supported.

Once you have multiple pvr addons there will be an advanced option in PVR settings to turn this on.
(2020-06-14, 17:24)phunkyfish Wrote: In the latest version of kodi Matrix this is now supported.

Once you have multiple pvr addons there will be an advanced option in PVR settings to turn this on.

Thank you very much!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backend Channel Numbers with more than one PVR?0