do I need VS 2013 ?
I am trying to create a PVR plugin , but I still can't recompile the pvr.demo , cmake command stills gives errors and I am not sure if I need VS2013 ; I already have VS2017/2019 
here is the error : 
Quote: "G:\projects\xbmc\cmake\addons\build\CMakeFiles\3.17.1\VCTargetsPath.vcxproj" (default target) (1) ->
    (PlatformPrepareForBuild target) ->
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.Cpp.Platform.targets(67,5): error MSB8020: The build tools for v120 (Platform Toolset = 'v120') cannot be found. To build using the v120 build tools, please install v120 build tools.  Alternatively, you may upgrade to the current Visual Studio tools by selecting the Project menu or right-click the solution, and then selecting "Retarget solution". [G:\projects\xbmc\cmake\addons\build\CMakeFiles\3.17.1\VCTargetsPath.vcxproj]
For NextPVR I find just following the linux instructions https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.nextpvr except the make gave me two sln files that allow me to build on Windows.  I haven't tried with Matrix but I assume you could use the option  -G "NMake Makefiles" to target nmake if you want but I haven't tried with Matrix.

Martin
(2020-04-26, 23:33)emveepee Wrote: For NextPVR I find just following the linux instructions https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.nextpvr except the make gave me two sln files that allow me to build on Windows.  I haven't tried with Matrix but I assume you could use the option  -G "NMake Makefiles" to target nmake if you want but I haven't tried with Matrix.

Martin

Thank you Martin , trying it out from my virtualbox ubuntu 
but why should I download all of kodi and run a command that doesnt work etc .. 
can't the process be easier ?
didn't work 
my ubuntu cmake didnt generate for visual studio, not even NMAKE
Quote: CMake Error: Could not create named generator NMake Makefiles

Generators
* Unix Makefiles = Generates standard UNIX makefiles.
Green Hills MULTI = Generates Green Hills MULTI files
(experimental, work-in-progress).
Ninja = Generates build.ninja files.
Watcom WMake = Generates Watcom WMake makefiles.
CodeBlocks - Ninja = Generates CodeBlocks project files.
CodeBlocks - Unix Makefiles = Generates CodeBlocks project files.
CodeLite - Ninja = Generates CodeLite project files.
CodeLite - Unix Makefiles = Generates CodeLite project files.
Sublime Text 2 - Ninja = Generates Sublime Text 2 project files.
Sublime Text 2 - Unix Makefiles
= Generates Sublime Text 2 project files.
Kate - Ninja = Generates Kate project files.
Kate - Unix Makefiles = Generates Kate project files.
Eclipse CDT4 - Ninja = Generates Eclipse CDT 4.0 project files.
Eclipse CDT4 - Unix Makefiles= Generates Eclipse CDT 4.0 project files.
Are you trying to make Windows Visual Studio projects in Ubuntu?  That doesn't make sense to me.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
do I need VS 2013 ?0