Nvidia Shield: Selecting a specific network folder as source for Picture menu
Hi Kodi Community!

I've been trying since a couple of days and briefly searched without been succesful to resolve my problem, I hope someone can point me to a solution as it's driving me crazy!

Firt and foremost, here my actual setup:
- I'm using Kodi 18.6
- Nvidia Shield (up to date)
- Asus RT-AC86U (also up to date)
- WD My Passport drive connected to the router via USB 3 port. (I believed the drive is shared via SMB v1 protocol)

The situation:
- My PC can see the drive
- Nvidia Shield can see the drive
- Kodi can see the drive (while going in picture menu, I cans see my drive and browse it)

Now, what I'm really trying to do, is when I'll be selecting the Picture menu, I would like it to browse directly from a specific network folder, instead of the root folder of the networked drive. I can see the option of Adding pictures from the picture menu. It brings me to adding a picture source, but from there, I've tried many things but couldn't not figured out how or what I'm not doing right.

For instance, according to Kodi, the path given by is: /storage/rt-ac86u-agima/backup/mes images/ (mes images been the specific folder I would like the Kodi picture menu would bring me to).

However, I've been fiddling with this path and with different protocol options (smb, Windows network, nfs system, etc), not knowing 100% I was doing (I'm fine with PCs software and hardware, but networking isn't my cup of tea!) but I haven't succeeded yet. I usually always find my answers for my problems by myself, but this time I can't figured out what I'm doing wrong!
Ah nevermind! I found what was my problem.

Apparently I needed to activate "SMBv1" in the Maximum Protocol Version in the services menu in the settings. I was then able to add the specific folder just by browsing since I could see it now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield: Selecting a specific network folder as source for Picture menu0