Missing movies (odd issue)
I finally was able to set my sources as smb address to where I stored my movies on NAS.  I don't know why but previously when I tried to browse the source path, nothing appeared under "Network".  However, if I type in \\ipaddressofNAS, then browse, it appears under the network.  And for some reason manually typing the network path would not work.

So previously, I used to add the sources using the mapped network drive of the movie folder.

Before I made this change I had 31 more movies than I do now, yet all that's changed is using the smb address and not the mapped network drive.  I have tried to export the movie list to see which are missing but that hangs when trying to compile the TV list (I don't use Ember to manage TV shows).

Any ideas why these movies are not appearing the Ember database?
Yes, the .NET directory browse dialog somethimes is very strange. In some version also mapped network drives has not been showed. Anyway, you've found a workaround.
Try Tools => Export => Movies, that should be movies only and i think XML is easier to compare with a program. I don't know why not the amount of movies has been added. But if you can find one that's missing i whould the Ember log if it has been logged as "NotValidDirIs", "NotValidDirContains" or "NotValidFileContains".
(2020-04-29, 21:39)DanCooper Wrote: Yes, the .NET directory browse dialog sometimes is very strange. In some version also mapped network drives has not been showed. Anyway, you've found a workaround.
Try Tools => Export => Movies, that should be movies only and i think XML is easier to compare with a program. I don't know why not the amount of movies has been added. But if you can find one that's missing i would the Ember log if it has been logged as "NotValidDirIs", "NotValidDirContains" or "NotValidFileContains".

Hi Dan - Thanks, as always, for your quick responses and continued work on this project!

I looked at the log and for anything with "NotValids": the only ones are for ".actors" folders (that Ember created) and extrafanart/extrathumbs.  There are, however, 31 error messages "ScanForFiles_Movie"; same number as there are missing movies.  I have checked the folders and the movie files are there, along with the other files that Ember created previously, when I had the source path as the network drive rather than the smb address.

I deleted out the previously files (.nfo, artwork, etc.) that Ember created, changed the name of the movie file and folder to only the movie name (and year) (I have Ember rename the movie file and folder with the genre, video codec, etc.) and re-scanned.  Ember found the missing 31 after taking that action.  Seems odd though given that Ember previously created these files and renamed them.  I have only tested this "theory" for one movie so far; I will try the others another time and report back.
Thx. Is there any more information in the log after this errors? Maybe "path to long" or something similar?
(2020-04-30, 23:57)DanCooper Wrote: Thx. Is there any more information in the log after this errors? Maybe "path to long" or something similar?
Hi Dan - Not really, immediately after an error is one of the ".actors":
[Sanner] [IsValidDir] [NotValidDirIs] Path "\\192.168.0.100\video\movie\"movie name"\.actors" has been skipped (path name is ".actors")

I suspect that this will be hard to recreate to test a possible bug.

I haven't yet done the remaining ones but I will hopefully today.
OK this gets more interesting...

@DanCooper - I am not 100% sure this is a length of path issue.  For the 31 movies that didn't not scan to the Ember database, the path lengths were between 156 and 177 characters.  I looked for any others that had a length of 156 or greater that did scan successfully to database and there were 9 movies that were between 165 and 176 characters...

FYI my folder and file format is: $T {($Y)} [$R $S $H $J $A] [$G] [$M]

When I changed the folder name to simply $T and {($Y)}, the movie scans to the database.  However when I scrape it, Ember creates a new folder in the format above and moves the movie file to that folder but leaves the artwork and .actors folder in the $T {($Y)} folder BUT fails to save a NFO in either folder.  If I then try to re-scrape the movie to try and get the artwork, NFO and .actors, Ember says that the file is no longer available, reconnect the source and retry.

However if I change the file format to be $T {($Y)} [$R] [$M] - Everything seems to work fine (not done all 31 yet but will confirm).  I'm OK with that solution the other elements (video codec, etc.) are redundant to my needs now.
@DanCooper 

So I am 100% back in sync.  Would appear that it might well have been a path length issue despite Ember pulling those 9 movies into the database.

May I make a suggestion and the path length is increased to 200 in the next release to avoid this issue?
(2020-05-05, 17:48)Hairy Hippy Wrote: May I make a suggestion and the path length is increased to 200 in the next release to avoid this issue?
This is not possible because Windows still cannot handle it. In theory, Windwos would support longer paths, but because of the downward compatibility with older versions of Windows, MS has still not implemented this. If Ember were to use longer paths, you could not access these files in Explorer or e.g. access in VLC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing movies (odd issue)0