Win Microsoft Store vs Kodi.tv install
Hello . I hope this is the right place to ask my question. I am wondering where the Kodi Leia 18.6 program is actually installed to when Microsoft Store installs it? I have windows 10 Pro 64 and was unable to run Kodi Leia 18.6 stable downloaded directly from Kodi. When installing the regular exe it loads into program files section of C: drive. When installing via Microsoft I can't find the installation at all. I don't like hidden programs on my PC. This just reeks of another spying tool by Microsoft. After searching for the install I did find a text file about the install and in it I found "Running with restricted rights". This version seems to have been modified by Microsoft. The Microsoft version is a larger file than that on Kodi site also. This is a concern. Just looking for answers. Any advice appreciated. Hope all of you and yours are safe from the Corona. Thanks.
(2020-04-29, 22:04)UTBLADE Wrote: installed to when Microsoft Store installs it?
C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi This thread should have some explanations for you. The windows store version installation was changed at MS request to fit into their permissions and security set-up.

while Kodi for windows from the forum link installs C:\Users\PatK\AppData\RoamingKodi\  and is the version I personally recommend with a preference to a portable installation. Allowing many different versions of Kodi with various customizations each in an individual folders all files kept in one place. A portable installation would have a path like this C:\Kodi-Leia\Kodi and the userdata folder would be C:\Kodi-Leia\Kodi\portable_data\userdata
(2020-04-29, 22:04)UTBLADE Wrote: I don't like hidden programs on my PC. This just reeks of another spying tool by Microsoft.
Most of us do, (open a folder on your PC, select under menu>tools>folder options and go through them) but in defence of MS, the installer  is a bit larger, needed to address MS security concerns, MS endeavour to be in the users corner but in some cases their jealous code inquiries may have gone a bit to far.

HOW-TO:Install Kodi for Windows (wiki)
HOW-TO:Install Kodi for Universal Windows Platform (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Microsoft Store vs Kodi.tv install0