Solved Kodi crashing on Windows 10
I have just upgraded my PC and transferred windows installation to the new hardware. Since then, Kodi is crashing to desktop with no obvious reason seen in the debug log. I am using 2 monitors and have tried opening Kodi in either of them (suspected the vga drivers), but it crashes in either of them. If anyone can help by looking into debug.log or crashlog.dmp, please do so...

Debug Log: https://pastebin.com/mzbVtGTR

Kodi Crashlog dmp file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sf64tp1icqzp3k...g.zip?dl=0
@vitocorl

Seems to be crashing on your emby addon. Uninstall it and see if Kodi still crashes.

Also looks like your audio drivers are not correctly setup. That could also be a cause for the crashing
2020-04-30 10:26:19.177 T:4552 DEBUG: CActiveAESink::OpenSink - DIRECTSOUND Initialized:
2020-04-30 10:26:19.177 T:4552 DEBUG: Output Device : Device not found

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-04-30, 09:47)Karellen Wrote: @vitocorl

Seems to be crashing on your emby addon. Uninstall it and see if Kodi still crashes.

Also looks like your audio drivers are not correctly setup. That could also be a cause for the crashing
2020-04-30 10:26:19.177 T:4552 DEBUG: CActiveAESink::OpenSink - DIRECTSOUND Initialized:
2020-04-30 10:26:19.177 T:4552 DEBUG: Output Device : Device not found
I will check audio device first and report back...
It seems that Kodi has selected a wrong audio output device, but i cannot change it, as soon as i try to select and change it Kodi crashes to desktop.
Is there any other way to change it, without opening Kodi, maybe through a config file, or so?
have you correctly configured the audio devices in Windows? Follow the images I posted.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-04-30, 10:47)Karellen Wrote: have you correctly configured the audio devices in Windows? Follow the images I posted.
The odd thing is that windows have the correct configuration. Also, when in Kodi, i can play any video and i have audio, however, when i stop the video it crashes to desktop, also when i go into settings, audio it crashes again. I have reinstalled Kodi and the same happens. I also have changed the default device in guisettings.xml, but it does not seem to have any effect...
(2020-04-30, 11:59)vitocorl Wrote:
(2020-04-30, 10:47)Karellen Wrote: have you correctly configured the audio devices in Windows? Follow the images I posted.
The odd thing is that windows have the correct configuration. Also, when in Kodi, i can play any video and i have audio, however, when i stop the video it crashes to desktop, also when i go into settings, audio it crashes again. I have reinstalled Kodi and the same happens. I also have changed the default device in guisettings.xml, but it does not seem to have any effect... 
I went into audio settings and disabled all other audio devices, so now Kodi selects the device i am using, so please mark the problem as fixed...
Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crashing on Windows 100