Solved Installing addons fails (dependencies)
Exclamation 
Hi folks,

yesterday I made a complete fresh installation of my HTPC, set up a Ubuntu 18.04 and installed Kodi Leia from the official ppa repository. So far, so good. 

But when I try to install some addons from the official kodi addon repository it regularly fails, especially when the addon has a lot of dependencies. For example I didn't manage to install just one single skin like Aura or Amber cause skinhelper, unidecode and so on could not be installed. Sometimes it works to install a dependency manually, but even that it's a stroke of luck.

Any suggestions? I'm a long time kodi user and till the last version (Krypton) I don't remember that kind of error.

So long
It seems that one or more Kodi mirrors are unavailable for whatever reason.
Perhaps that is the source of your problem. We're looking into the mirror list.
(2020-05-03, 09:15)TheMechanist Wrote: Any suggestions? I'm a long time kodi user and till the last version (Krypton) I don't remember that kind of error.
Can you provide a Debug Log which captures you trying to install add-ons. It will help us by knowing which mirror your setup is connecting to.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-05-03, 09:40)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-05-03, 09:15)TheMechanist Wrote: Any suggestions? I'm a long time kodi user and till the last version (Krypton) I don't remember that kind of error.
Can you provide a Debug Log which captures you trying to install add-ons. It will help us by knowing which mirror your setup is connecting to. 
Ah, that seems to be the problem .. hard to see, where the necessary parts in the kodi.log start ...

debug log
Thanks @TheMechanist The server admins are looking into it now.

You can download the zip files from here if you are in a hurry... http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/leia/
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@TheMechanist

The server has been disabled which should force your Kodi to connect to another server. Can you try installing again.
My Signature
(2020-05-03, 11:18)Karellen Wrote: @TheMechanist

The server has been disabled which should force your Kodi to connect to another server. Can you try installing again.
Thanks, everything works now !
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing addons fails (dependencies)0