Database issue or I am going nuts?
Tongue 
For longest time I had suspicion the "watched" bit is reversing itself sometimes. Today I am even more certain, I'm sure I watched a movie a few weeks ago and now it is showing up among unwatched movies, again. What is it, may it be some bug? I have mariadb database in my headless media server. Indeed, nowadays Chinese are to blame for everything.  Coronavirus has infected my database? Chinese black hats have made their #1 priority to hack my server and to confuse me by flipping this bit? Somehow I think they may have better targets than my poor little server. But what the heck is it!? Oh indeed, there is this Chaos Theory, Chinese hackers drive me nuts and this starts a chain of events which will lead to communist world revolution? If this happens I'm going to blame Kodi. Tongue
Do you have the WatchedList add-on installed... https://kodi.tv/addon/program-add-ons-sc...atchedlist

MySQL/MariaDB setups have their own library quirks, but I don't have that type of setup, so it is nothing I have ever delved into to try to replicate and diagnose.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for reply. No, I do not have this addon. What makes this more difficult is I have this rather big collection of movies and when time passes by it is human to have doubts about your own memory. Do you remember what movie did you watch a year ago? Maybe I should start writing down movies I watch. Just to be sure it is not my memory playing tricks on me. Maybe someone else happens to read this thread and has similar experience? In any case, this is not a serious issue, just kind of disturbing.
You could also do a Video Library Export from time to time. It will store all metadata and watched status / resume points in the nfo files next to the videos. It's a backup of sorts.
Thanks, great idea. But first I have to read up on ZFS compression ... I do not like the idea of thousands small files each wasting 8 kB of hard drive space.
(2020-05-04, 15:52)Segfault Wrote: I do not like the idea of thousands small files each wasting 8 kB of hard drive space.

Sure.. Say 3000 nfo files or 8 k each ... Say 3 GB because of overhead.
Some people have single video files that are 10+ times that large.

Or you could store them on a different disk that has smaller disk chunks.
To be exact I didn't say I really care about lost disk space, I just don't like the idea of losing it like this. My first PC had a "huge" 20 MB hard drive, methinks it is still affecting my thinking after all these years ... what can you do. Confused

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Database issue or I am going nuts?0