Gentoo + build.sh - sanitycheck (libtool?)
Hiya!
I've been running xbmc on my gentoobox (i686) (kernel 2.6.25-gentoo-r7) for almost a year now, been updating xbmc using build.sh from svn atleast once a week.

However the last revision i managed to get building is 2008-07-13 14043 since then all build attempts halt with a sanity check. This is the last few lines of the compile in terminal and about the logs you'd like, I kid you not, they are never created (or somewhere totaly out of place, since they used to be in my compile-folder o.o)

Code:
checking for correct ltmain.sh version... no
configure: error:

*** [Gentoo] sanity check failed! ***
*** libtool.m4 and ltmain.sh have a version mismatch! ***
*** (libtool.m4 = 1.5.26, ltmain.sh = 1.5.2) ***

Please run:

libtoolize --copy --force

if appropriate, please contact the maintainer of this
package (or your distribution) for help.

/rain/XBMC
configure: error: Submodule xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs/libmad failed to configure

FAILED! Exiting. (1)

I've run emerge --sync aswell as emerge -avunD world daily, also finished up with etc-update just to be sure no config files were out of date.
Also if someone asks, I've deleted the config.cache aswell as used ./build.sh without NODEBUG
That has nothing to do with build.sh, it supposedly happens just the same with a manual build. I say supposedly because I have yet to replicate it on my gentoo install. Regardless, it tells you EXACTLY how to fix the problem. So until I or another dev can replicate it, or it starts to happen on a distro we actually support (Ubuntu), plan to fix these types of "problems" on your own.
Patches are always welcomed (unless they break something else):
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_submit_a_patch
http://trac.xbmc.org
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I've tried to run libtool as told by that message, no difference, I've also tried to copy a few files on my own aswell as editin the ltmain.sh in the xbmc-directory. I do belive you're right, something is not right with MY gentoobuild, I just hoped someone else were experiencing simmular problems.

Thankfully you do not so I will consider a reinstall to hopefully fix a corrupt or somehow else broken system Smile
I'll look into downgrading ltmain from 1.5.26 to 1.5.2 and return if that fixes the problem (i don't like having to downgrade >_<)
I have the same problem on Gentoo, and have made a slight change as a workaround. I'm not much of a coder, so I don't really know of the implications on other systems... hence no patch. It works though.

In the dir that fails to compile, edit ltmain.sh change the VERSION under Constants to 1.5*

was libdvdnav for me

Good Luck

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gentoo + build.sh - sanitycheck (libtool?)0