PVR front/backend with multiple recording folders?
I'm currently running TVHeadend, but the spousal unit has asked if it is possible to have recordings in separate folders, for example His, Hers, and Ours.

TVH is capable of recording in different directories, but there is [as far as I can tell] no way to reflect this on the front-end, all you get is one list of recordings.

Is there any other front/back end combo that supports something like this?
(2020-05-05, 00:11)HiroProtagonist Wrote: I'm currently running TVHeadend, but the spousal unit has asked if it is possible to have recordings in separate folders, for example His, Hers, and Ours.

TVH is capable of recording in different directories, but there is [as far as I can tell] no way to reflect this on the front-end, all you get is one list of recordings.

Is there any other front/back end combo that supports something like this?

Use different tvheadend users and different Kodi profiles.
(2020-05-05, 08:09)ksooo Wrote: Use different tvheadend users and different Kodi profiles. 

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
(2020-05-05, 08:09)ksooo Wrote: Use different tvheadend users and different Kodi profiles. 

So, I added a new profile to kodi, and set it up to access a new user on tvheadend. The tvheadend user is set to only allow one DVR profile.

I have verified that tvheadend sees the correct user logged in when I access that profile on Kodi.

However I can still see and play all recordings, regardless of the DVR profile.
(2020-05-07, 05:47)HiroProtagonist Wrote:

So, I added a new profile to kodi, and set it up to access a new user on tvheadend. The tvheadend user is set to only allow one DVR profile.

I have verified that tvheadend sees the correct user logged in when I access that profile on Kodi.

However I can still see and play all recordings, regardless of the DVR profile.

Then, your tvheadend user configurations are not correct.
(2020-05-07, 10:06)ksooo Wrote: Then, your tvheadend user configurations are not correct.

Under Configuration/Users/Access Entries/Video Recorder I have set Basic and HTSP
Under Configuration/Users/Access Entries/DVR configuration profiles I have set one DVR profile.
I do not have Configuration/Users/Access Entries/Admin set.

Is there something else I need?
(2020-05-07, 22:34)HiroProtagonist Wrote:
(2020-05-07, 10:06)ksooo Wrote: Then, your tvheadend user configurations are not correct.

Under Configuration/Users/Access Entries/Video Recorder I have set Basic and HTSP
Under Configuration/Users/Access Entries/DVR configuration profiles I have set one DVR profile.
I do not have Configuration/Users/Access Entries/Admin set.

Is there something else I need?

I suggest to ask in the tvheadend forum.
In tvheadend user settings edit dialog, ensure that under "Video recorder" "View all" is NOT selected for the users which should only see their own recordings

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR front/backend with multiple recording folders?0