• 6(current)
Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player
Perhaps. I find myself using my Zidoo less and less (and keep it just as a backup for 3D) simply because Vero boots straight to native Kodi and plays most everything. Easy user experience. In addition to watched marker, I prefer Kodi’s resumption of playback where you last left off and playback controls. Flip eyes for 3D is a couple of steps with both, and wish there was a single programmable button/function in either to do it (haven’t figured out how).

@Sam.Nazarko, pointing you to this suggestion when you time to check. Amlogic h/w may just not be able to play this type of video, but worth trying.
Yep, the issue with the watched marker is the only thing that annoys me with the Zidoo.
I selected Kodi to auto start, so it‘s not native, but very easy (I don‘t restart very often anyways).
And when you use the external player, it also marks my last watched position and asks me if I want to start over or not.
Maybe i will buy the Vero, but it seems that for me it makes very little sense..

Ah.. and I use my Zidoo as Ambilight with the second output. So this is something the Vero is also not working with.

Is the Vero running hot for you?
TV: LG OLED 910V [1080p/passive 3D] [HDMI 1.4]
HTPC: Shuttle DH270 w Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 & Windows 10 x64 Education 1703 [1920x1080/60Hz]
AV: Yamaha RX-477 w 5.1 Canton setup [HD-audio passthrough] [HDMI 1.4]
Kodi: 20171208-6c414ad-msdk_mvc_wip-x86 [1920x1080/60Hz] MVC3D
(2020-06-12, 01:32)Easy4Breezy Wrote: Is the Vero running hot for you?
No, not any more than my other media players. I do have it on top of my a/v cabinet, where it gets open room air.
Happy to report 400 Mbps Jellyfish clip is now playing smoothly for me over SMB and NFS, as well as over autofs mounted shares. Nice work Sam & team!
(2020-06-13, 03:49)hdmkv Wrote: Happy to report 400 Mbps Jellyfish clip is now playing smoothly for me over SMB and NFS, as well as over autofs mounted shares. Nice work Sam & team!

Cheers. You find bugs, we’ll fix them Smile
Can someone please test if the amazon Alexa Remote with Vol control from the FireTV Stick 4K will work with the Vero 4K? That would be really great to have that info. Thinking about that combo.

Thanks for the Support!

Regards
Vlaves
(2020-06-13, 03:49)hdmkv Wrote: Happy to report 400 Mbps Jellyfish clip is now playing smoothly for me over SMB and NFS, as well as over autofs mounted shares. Nice work Sam & team!
Is this now with the latest stable or the 4.x kernel builds?
Hi @Vlaves, yes FTV remote w/volume controls works well with Vero 4K. If you first pair with your TV or AVR, even volume controls (up/down, mute) will continue working after you pair w/Vero. Wrote up a guide here some time back.

The improvement in SMB & NFS performance is with the latest 4.9.113-20-osmc kernel.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2020-06-13, 18:02)hdmkv Wrote: Hi @Vlaves, yes FTV remote w/volume controls works well with Vero 4K. If you first pair with your TV or AVR, even volume controls (up/down, mute) will continue working after you pair w/Vero. Wrote up a guide here some time back.

The improvement in SMB & NFS performance is with the latest 4.9.113-20-osmc kernel.

The improvements were actually part of Kodi, not the kernel. The latest stable version of Kodi has these improvements.
Great product, especially with the promise of Widevine L1 certification. Any chance to include WiSA support via Axiim Link?
(2020-06-13, 20:07)badbadbad Wrote: Great product, especially with the promise of Widevine L1 certification. Any chance to include WiSA support via Axiim Link?

If it exposes itself as a USB sound card it might work.
@Sam.Nazarko, I lost 3D w/the latest forced manual update however. How do I (or others) get it back? Thanks.
(2020-06-14, 05:00)hdmkv Wrote: @Sam.Nazarko, I lost 3D w/the latest forced manual update however. How do I (or others) get it back? Thanks.

This is explained on the 4.9 test thread.
Let me know if you can’t find the post and I’ll dig it up tomorrow.
(2020-06-13, 18:02)hdmkv Wrote: Hi @Vlaves, yes FTV remote w/volume controls works well with Vero 4K. If you first pair with your TV or AVR, even volume controls (up/down, mute) will continue working after you pair w/Vero. Wrote up a guide here some time back.

Thanks so much for the quick reply and the Support!
(2020-06-13, 22:56)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2020-06-13, 20:07)badbadbad Wrote: Great product, especially with the promise of Widevine L1 certification. Any chance to include WiSA support via Axiim Link?

If it exposes itself as a USB sound card it might work.

I'm not sure if the hardware does that but their website mentions support for, "USB audio for Windows 10 PC and Apple Mac"

https://axiim.com/pages/axiim-link
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player1