vbox deleted recordings persist in kodi and reappear recordings.xml
Hi there,
Deleting recordings and timers from within kodi was not always working for me (sometimes giving "pvr errors") so to try and sort it out I used the vbox web interface to delete all recordings and timers.

This removed the relevant data from recordings.xml

In kodi the timers disappeared but the list of recordings persisted in the kodi interface.

I tried uninstalling the vbox add on from kodi on one device (deleting ancillary files etc) and reinstalled it. When reinstalled the timers had still all gone, but the recordings are still listed (all kodi devices are showing the same info).

A little while later and the (deleted) recordings are back in recordings.xml (but still don't exist, and are not listed in the vbox web interface).

A historical timer for a series which was deleted has also been re-added to recordings.xml.

I guess my question is where does the kodi add-on get its listings from?

Surely the vbox should be writing and updating recordings.xml and the kodi should be purely a client?

But it seems that kodi is keeping information on deleted recordings and rewriting it to the recordings.xml, and vbox is ignoring this information.

Can anyone else shed any light on this?

Further info,
I have a vbox Android tv device 4134-21 (with 4 satellite receivers)

All of my (4) kodi devices are 18.4 one on windows, two libreelec on x86_64, one libreelec on raspberry pi 4

Hope this makes sense,
Any help gratefully received Smile
(2020-05-05, 14:05)whatevs Wrote: Hi there,
Deleting recordings and timers from within kodi was not always working for me (sometimes giving "pvr errors") so to try and sort it out I used the vbox web interface to delete all recordings and timers.

In kodi the timers disappeared but the list of recordings persisted in the kodi interface.

I tried uninstalling the vbox add on from kodi on one device (deleting ancillary files etc) and reinstalled it. When reinstalled the timers had still all gone, but the recordings are still listed (all kodi devices are showing the same info).

A little while later and the (deleted) recordings are back in recordings.xml (but still don't exist, and are not listed in the vbox web interface).

A historical timer for a series which was deleted has also been re-added to recordings.xml.

Surely the vbox should be writing and updating recordings.xml and the kodi should be purely a client?

But it seems that kodi is keeping information on deleted recordings and rewriting it to the recordings.xml, and vbox is ignoring this information.

Further info,

All of my (4) kodi devices are 18.4 one on windows, two libreelec on x86_64, one libreelec on raspberry pi 4

Hope this makes sense,
 you can delete  series in  2 ways
1 using your personal zone under recording on the VBox app 
2 using managing  page under Streaming>manage recording
(2020-05-06, 13:54)VBox Wrote:
(2020-05-05, 14:05)whatevs Wrote: Hi there,

Further info,

Hope this makes sense,
 you can delete  series in  2 ways
1 using your personal zone under recording on the VBox app 
2 using managing  page under Streaming>manage recording 
Hi there thanks for the reply, 
rereading my question I probably wasn't clear enough.

My problem is that deletion via the vbox app in kodi does not always work. (often gives ""pvr error") 
And deletion via the vbox web interface (Streaming>manage recording) does not delete the bad references in the kodi list (even after a kodi restart).

The recordings (wrongly) listed in kodi are even being repopulated in the recordings.xml (for recordings that no longer exist) although vbox seems to ignore these. 

I'm confused why kodi seems to be WRITING to recordings.xml when I thought it was only a client?

These bad "recordings" listing from kodi even persist after deletion and reloading the vbox add-on?

Hope thats clearer (?) Smile
The PVR addon in kodi was built around the original vbox device. On this device recordings functioned correctly as far as I’m aware.

The android based device is newer and may possibly be incompatible with the recording feature.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
(2020-05-06, 23:28)phunkyfish Wrote: The PVR addon in kodi was built around the original vbox device. On this device recordings functioned correctly as far as I’m aware.

The android based device is newer and may possibly be incompatible with the recording feature.
Hi, thanks for your reply, and sorry for the delay replying

The vbox people say that the newer box should work the same the add on (I guess as far as they know).

A broader question, do you know if the kodi addon writes to recordings.xml as well as reading from it?

Thanks for any information,
John
If you create a recording from kodi can you delete it afterwards? Does it stay deleted?

Next question. After you delete recordings on the vbox if you clear all data in kodi PVR settings does it stay deleted?

Please post a full debug log using a paste site of the error when trying to delete a recording.
(2020-05-12, 00:25)phunkyfish Wrote: If you create a recording from kodi can you delete it afterwards? Does it stay deleted?

Next question. After you delete recordings on the vbox if you clear all data in kodi PVR settings does it stay deleted?

Please post a full debug log using a paste site of the error when trying to delete a recording.

Hi there, 
I did a full reset and rebuild of the vbox yesterday (new satellite dish in better position, with 4 connections to vbox).
Since that it seems that everything is behaving better.
Old recordings (from before reset) are listed and can't be deleted by kodi, but when deleted by vbox interface, kodi recognises that.

New recordings can be deleted by kodi or vbox and they both update their listings.

I think (hope) maybe the issues I was having were due to the large number of changes and refreshes I was doing?

Thanks for your help, but I think I'll put this one down to (my) user shennanigans.

I still have issues with bad recordings, and dissappearing fwd and rewind buttons, but thats for another thread :O)
Thanks again.
John

PS I looked at uploading a log, using the add-on, but loading the epg puts it over 3MB shortly after startup so it refuses.

The only relevant bit (failing to delete old recordings) seemed to be:
2020-05-13 09:13:43.608 T:6040   DEBUG: Thread waiting start, auto delete: false
2020-05-13 09:13:43.611 T:6040   DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(0x1f4e3730) http://192.168.2.93:80/cgi-bin/HttpContr...RecordID=6
2020-05-13 09:13:43.708 T:5912   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
2020-05-13 09:13:45.715 T:6040   ERROR: AddOnLog: VBox TV Gateway PVR Client: pvr.vbox - Request failed: Could not Cancel Record [6] - Proxy Error 6 (error code: 2)
2020-05-13 09:13:45.715 T:6040   ERROR: PVR::CPVRClient:Big GrineleteRecording: Add-on 'VBox XTI 4134:192.168.2.93:80' returned an error: the command failed
2020-05-13 09:13:45.715 T:6040   DEBUG: Thread waiting 6040 terminating
Maybe the old recordings are corrupt in some way or incompatible. Anyway, good to hear you are back up and running.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
vbox deleted recordings persist in kodi and reappear recordings.xml0