Associating Music with a movie
Movies often come with single song videos -- is there a means to store them in a Music category (Music Video or Music, I am open to either) and link it with a Movie?

Likewise there are movie soundtrack (music) albums (often no video) -- is there a means to store them in a Music category and link it with a Movie?

In both cases above the feature should be like linking a Movie with a TV Show and having the Movies and TV shows appearing in one list the TV Show list.  (whether or not Music associated with a Movie should be automatically associated to a TV Show via this mechanism is a debate I leave to the reader)

Lastly to simplify this process does the following observation have any merit:

Music to many means sound without pictures and we generally have singles and albums
There are discussions on this forum as to whether single music videos are Music Videos or Music.
There appears to be a stronger consensus that see Concerts as Music Videos.

I would like to propose a more unified approach where the linking above (if implemented) is less complicated because the Music and Music Video categories are merged.

If Music had the linking function to Movies I indicate is desirable above:

Storing singles
    Traditional Single song no video                                                      store as single
    Single song music videos ( I commonly get with movies)                store as single, tag - video, link to movie
    Most concert videos lack separated tracks so being one track         store as single, tag - video, concert

Music Albums slightly more complicated
    There is of course the traditional album with separated tracks          store as album
    There are "live" albums with separated tracks no video                    store as album, tag - concert
    There are Movie soundtrack albums with separated tracks               store as album, link to movie
    Rare? concert videos with separated tracks                                     store as album, tag - video, concert

I tried a second more generic alternative for linking unlike items (movies and music).  I created common tags in Movies and Movie Videos to attempt to associate the two in hopes the common tag would link them on a display screens -- this did not work but could be an alternate means to link items in different libraries.  I was not disappointed that it did not work, it was just easier to try it and see what happens than to search to see if it is possible.  I did try afterword to see if there was something like an add-on that might allow this tagged linking of unlike items to have a common display.  If it exists I did not find it.

I hope this is of interest.

Thanks
(2020-05-05, 14:53)pasha-19 Wrote: Movies often come with single song videos -- is there a means to store them in a Music category (Music Video or Music, I am open to either) and link it with a Movie?

Likewise there are movie soundtrack (music) albums (often no video) -- is there a means to store them in a Music category and link it with a Movie?

In both cases above the feature should be like linking a Movie with a TV Show and having the Movies and TV shows appearing in one list the TV Show list.  (whether or not Music associated with a Movie should be automatically associated to a TV Show via this mechanism is a debate I leave to the reader)

Lastly to simplify this process does the following observation have any merit:

Music to many means sound without pictures and we generally have singles and albums
There are discussions on this forum as to whether single music videos are Music Videos or Music.
There appears to be a stronger consensus that see Concerts as Music Videos.

I would like to propose a more unified approach where the linking above (if implemented) is less complicated because the Music and Music Video categories are merged.

If Music had the linking function to Movies I indicate is desirable above:

Storing singles
    Traditional Single song no video                                                      store as single
    Single song music videos ( I commonly get with movies)                store as single, tag - video, link to movie
    Most concert videos lack separated tracks so being one track         store as single, tag - video, concert

Music Albums slightly more complicated
    There is of course the traditional album with separated tracks          store as album
    There are "live" albums with separated tracks no video                    store as album, tag - concert
    There are Movie soundtrack albums with separated tracks               store as album, link to movie
    Rare? concert videos with separated tracks                                     store as album, tag - video, concert

I tried a second more generic alternative for linking unlike items (movies and music).  I created common tags in Movies and Movie Videos to attempt to associate the two in hopes the common tag would link them on a display screens -- this did not work but could be an alternate means to link items in different libraries.  I was not disappointed that it did not work, it was just easier to try it and see what happens than to search to see if it is possible.  I did try afterword to see if there was something like an add-on that might allow this tagged linking of unlike items to have a common display.  If it exists I did not find it.

I hope this is of interest.

Thanks
Currently, there is linkage between music artists and music video actors via the music library context menu for an artist.  There is also linkage between music video actors (artists) and music albums for the artist in the videos library again via the context menu.  This linkage also is available for music video albums in the video library.

There's nothing like that for movies or tv shows.  These is an addon service tv tunes that you can use to play songs related to a movie or tv show while browsing the video library.

scott s.
(2020-05-05, 18:48)scott967 Wrote: music video actors via the music library context menu for an artist.  There is also linkage between music video actors (artists) and music albums for the artist in the videos library again via the context menu.  This linkage also is available for music video albums in the video library.

There's nothing like that for movies or tv shows.  These is an addon service tv tunes that you can use to play songs related to a movie or tv show while browsing the video library.

Looking up TV Tunes now to see of it will help; Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Associating Music with a movie0