Solved Show images in original size
If you click a poster/fanart in details tab, it always maximizes the new image window. Not sure why it maximizes even an image in low resolution and makes it look blurry. Why not show it in its original size and only maximizes it when it's bigger than the display resolution? I'd also expect it should show the actual small size of cached image when the original local image is off-line instead of maximizing the cached image.

The same thing happens when you click "show original image" button while choosing poster/fanart image from the pop up window. This time the new image window always keeps its previous size regardless of the original picture dimension. Then what's the point of showing original image if the window doesn't get auto-resized to show the original dimension?
I've changed this a few times in the past because there were users which interpreted the behavior of this window differently.
I am just reworking a few things in the UI and will take this into account when there is enough time
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
That'd be great. Thanks!
Thanks for improving "show original image" action! Now the pop-up window shows images in original dimension to allow the user to examine every detail before choosing one.

Just one more thing. Would it be possible for IMDb poster to show actual dimension in "choose poster" window after "show original image" button is clicked for it since the size is then known?
Thanks! Now the preview window shows the image dimension properly.
But one thing looks like a bug. If you click the button for any 2000x3000 posters from TMDb, the preview window shows 500x750 image instead. If you download it anyway, it's actually 2000x3000 image.
It's fixed. Thanks!
Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but this seems broken again. I just upgraded to v4.0.7 and the image previews when clicking on any link to show the image larger only seems to show it at the original size, which is generally too large to see the whole thing onscreen. It looks like now that I've set the size of the preview window from the original square in the middle of the screen, that's the ONLY size the window is no matter what is previewed, even logos, which used to size their own windows. The preview that DOES work properly is clicking on the images from the edit listing outside of an editing window, where the poster and the fanart are showing to the left of the rest of the movie information. This is all the same in TV Shows too. This didn't seem like something you'd need logs for, but if so, let me know and I can send through the program. Thanks!
Nothing's broken since auto-resizing window was never implemented for image preview when you click "show original image" button. What's fixed was just what's shown in the preview window as it now shows the image in original dimension rather than a scaled-down one. The preview window itself has been always the same size as previously used. Personally I'm just using it as maximized to see the detail clearly regardless of artwork type.
I would rather that the image preview worked the same in edit mode and the standard view mode.  When choosing a new poster, I probably want to look at a larger image, not one so big that that I'm counting pixels.  Personally, I don't see the point of showing the original image size.  Just my pref.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2021-02-19, 16:12)bobrap Wrote: I would rather that the image preview worked the same in edit mode and the standard view mode.  When choosing a new poster, I probably want to look at a larger image, not one so big that that I'm counting pixels.  Personally, I don't see the point of showing the original image size.  Just my pref.

Right! I want to see the whole image without having to scroll around it, where you can't even see it as a complete image. That doesn't make sense to me. I've reverted back to v3 for the time being because the image thing screwed up my whole workflow. I found myself saving each image so I could look at it in Photoshop, which, no.
Quote:Nothing's broken since auto-resizing window was never implemented for image preview when you click "show original image" button. What's fixed was just what's shown in the preview window as it now shows the image in original dimension rather than a scaled-down one. The preview window itself has been always the same size as previously used. Personally I'm just using it as maximized to see the detail clearly regardless of artwork type.
IIRC, the preview window has always been the size you set it at and the image scales to fit that window. Before v4, I've never seen scroll bars on a preview window. Using it maximized is fine, but if you're adding a 3840x2160 image on a 1920x1080 screen, a maximized preview window is not nearly enough. This portion of the program has been a little hinky for years and it seems every new version introduces a new issue having to do with images. I like a lot of things in v4, but unfortunately, this one is a deal-breaker.
I think you can see the whole image even before clicking on "show original image" button.
I used to load the downloaded image to Photoshop and looked at it before this change was made because there are a lot of big blurry images that can't be checked out from a scaled-down image.
I don't object to make the image size fit to the window if there's "100%" button to show the original dimension.
we do have some dilemma and different expectations from users according to this "feature"

a) the size of the dialog is be set on opening, whereas tmm only knows the image size when it is loaded (which happens after the screen has been set)
b) some users want to see the _whole_ image just in a popup (like you said for the "lightbox" effect in tmm itself) where others want to see it original size
c) the screen sizes of our user-devices vary from rather small (laptop/wxga) to 2k/4k screens - so displaying the images in either scaled mode or full size depends on the screen size AND the user preference

since this is more of less just a "visual/personal" issue we are aware of it, but we did not invest more energy here right now since there is more urgent work to be done
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show images in original size0